I will just leave this here

Here's one I've never seen before. Be interested to hear what the experts here say:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...place_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks
That is a TEC grill. Straight up infrared. 2 large ceramic burners. Fierce heat and nothing else. No other redeeming quality other than bult like a tank. I've cooked on one. They're like cooking on a high powered muscle car with no throttle. Only 2 speeds full and none. Some people (the I want "seared" crowd who likes steaks nice and black outside and raw inside) love these grills. Not my cup of tea

That is a TEC grill. Straight up infrared. 2 large ceramic burners. Fierce heat and nothing else. No other redeeming quality other than bult like a tank. I've cooked on one. They're like cooking on a high powered muscle car with no throttle. Only 2 speeds full and none. Some people (the I want "seared" crowd who likes steaks nice and black outside and raw inside) love these grills. Not my cup of tea
I fully get an IR rotisserie burner. Very practical. I've had a grill with the IR sear burner, I think most folks have zero use for it. The sear burner on Webers is more than adequate without the ceramic IR setup.

Larry, I share that assessment of the TEC grill. My Mother in law has one that she forces me to cook on from time to time. I hate it. You have to play with the food constantly to try and cook it without burning it to a crisp first. It is very well made, however it's not a very good cooker.

Larry, I share that assessment of the TEC grill. My Mother in law has one that she forces me to cook on from time to time. I hate it. You have to play with the food constantly to try and cook it without burning it to a crisp first. It is very well made, however it's not a very good cooker.
Those grills are not very big. I was looking at one and it seemed like it’s for 1 person to cook a steak the way they like it. Wouldn’t be good for a cookout with a variety of stuff being cooked at the same time for multiple people.

NICE SETUP!

I have seen this extended neo-outdoor kitchen for the Genesis 300 series grills before. However, this seller has custom made the side pieces match the beautiful crimson grill!

Genesis 300 Extended in Crimson.jpg

Seller also including some nice add-ons. Looks well cared for based on the interior photo. Still would be a challenge to keep that way.

I rehabbed one of these, back when I was in Florida. Paid $100 or so - after a long ordeal - and sold for much more. One of my very few profitable flips.

I did give it a few tries. I didn't like the weird V-shaped grates. And, yes, it was fiercely hot. I had one or two OK cooks on it, but I didn't miss it when it was sold. Back then, Larry, you actually liked the steaks I cooked! (See picture below).

The old photo upload company I used folded up, and this thread is way past editing. Here are a few pictures.

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

Steaks on the TEC with double sear marks.jpeg

Couldn't resist passing this one along to all of you.

00V0V_3xkHhGNnNPr_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00W0W_5xEIL6xaDG_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

That oughta clean up nice, huh?

Such a classic grill.
As it happens I was looking over the Genesis 1000 this morning and it really is a strikingly good design and execution.

I was thinking that Weber really knocked it out of the park with that line.

I feel the same way about the Summit Charcoal grill.

I fired that grill up around 5am and it has literally been rock steady at 230 degrees for five plus hours.

I don’t even use thermometers.

After exactly five hours a stuck an instant read in and it was 160 on the nose, just as expected.

Such a great low tech piece of equipment that works so well and has a classic look about it.

You were one of the members who recommended it when I was looking- thank you.

trim.985643C2-4A2C-4842-8953-3799FB252BD6.gif

Yah, Weber parlayed their kettle grill success from the 60s and 70s and came up with the Genesis 1-5 gas lineup in the mid 80's. Their reputation on kettles really gave them a great launching point for the gas grill lineup. However, that would not have lasted if they had put out a bad product. As luck would have it, their initial design was great and only required a little tweeking around 1990. The basic design lasted all the way until 2000 when the modernized the design into the Silver/Gold B and C lineup. With that redesign, they made more than cosmetic changes and in the process regressed in performance IMO. But, those early gas grills were and still are timeless.

I rehabbed a Broilmaster several years ago. That is definitely worth grabbing. Someone in the area needs to go get it. I have not seen one with that color of lid either.
It was originally green but has faded. I have the same one and rehabbed it a few years ago. I painted the cook box black...high heat black is easier to come by than the OEM green. I found a pair of SS shelves on eBay but have since added a side burner. That's a great grill that takes minimal work to rehab...parts are pricier than generic Weber parts and you need lava rocks. But it's bulletproof once fixed up.
1000007945.jpg

Last edited:

Back