I will just leave this here

The have a similar one that has been going around for over a year on one of those Weber grilling centers for under $100 and looks completely new.

Check the seller profiles. Usually scammers use a profile that is less than a year or two old and they random photos and usually no personal data listed. If they have some foreign looking name, be very skeptical. And if dealing with them, do any transaction by the book. Don't fall for the scam where they tell you they will be sending you a code and want you to read it back to them so that they know you are real.

The scammers tend to keep their prices under $100 ($89 is a favorite); I have heard that this is to keep below felony level!

I guess just a coincidence that two people are parting with these large Weber neo-built in setups. (I did love the line about Weber sending you a free bottom:sneaky:) Could be they are both lining up for the all-new Weber Summits :smilekettle: .

Yah, I was thinking we will see some Summits hitting the sale sites this spring...more than usual anyway. Still makes them a tough rehab candidate though.

Yah, I was thinking we will see some Summits hitting the sale sites this spring...more than usual anyway. Still makes them a tough rehab candidate though.
Actually the cheaper they make them the harder your refurb sales are. It's why I can't do some of the higher priced rebuilds on the some of the KA machines. How can I justify asking someone to spend close to $300 to rebuild a large frame 6qt machine when they can walk into Costco and buy the new one that is actually WAY improved over the older one and comes with longer warranty for only $399 regular price and even lower when on sale?
I am sure you rehabbers see the same thing. At some point it's hard to justify to your customer

Check the seller profiles. Usually scammers use a profile that is less than a year or two old and they random photos and usually no personal data listed. If they have some foreign looking name, be very skeptical. And if dealing with them, do any transaction by the book. Don't fall for the scam where they tell you they will be sending you a code and want you to read it back to them so that they know you are real.
I've noticed in FBMP, specifically when it comes to car sales, I can't pronounce the sellers names 90% of the time. It's relatively recent phenomenon.

Also, they often post the same exact ad DOZENS of times, all in different locales, so you will also see that in their profile. Don’t know why FB can’t seem to detect that and simplyremove these obvious scammers. Even creepy Craigslist is pretty good at preventing cross posting scammer ads.

Also, they often post the same exact ad DOZENS of times, all in different locales, so you will also see that in their profile. Don’t know why FB can’t seem to detect that and simplyremove these obvious scammers. Even creepy Craigslist is pretty good at preventing cross posting scammer ads.
1709859704349.png

I had a grill exactly like this quite a few years ago...before I really learned much about grills and grilling. The most vivid memory I have with it was when one spring a Robin decided the condiment basket on the right side made a great place to build a nest. I wasn't able to use the grill for about a month.

Babies 080530 (1).jpg

Nest 080520 (0).jpg

Babies 080529 (1).jpg
Babies 080602 (1).jpg
Babies 080604 (1).jpg
Babies 080607 (3).jpgBabies 080610 (2).jpg

Attachments

• Nest 080514 (0).jpg
    Nest 080514 (0).jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 2

Back