I will just leave this here

I had one in that green. It was a Ducks Unlimited version. I never did rehab it. I ended up selling it and the one I did rehab as a set.

These are great grills in a number of ways. Although it is always "each to his own," I think most potential buyers are put off by the somewhat homely, out of date style. However, they are looking past the Made in USA thick all-aluminum firebox and lid, in many cases high quality stainless grates, and plenty of power while also able to do simple indirect low and slow just like a PK charcoal grill.

I have parts for a couple of these to finish, but besides having no time, I am also wary of spending any more time or $ on them when they are literally being given away. I will probably have to sell them at giveaway prices to have any hope of moving them.

Yah, they are not a good prospect for rehabbing and flipping really. You can probably do OK if you are willing to sit on it a while. But would be a good project for someone who wants a good quality, well built grill. I think of them a lot like the PK coal burners. Kinda homely and plain but very functional.

Yah, they are not a good prospect for rehabbing and flipping really. You can probably do OK if you are willing to sit on it a while. But would be a good project for someone who wants a good quality, well built grill. I think of them a lot like the PK coal burners. Kinda homely and plain but very functional.
Exactly. Even newly painted and shined up, it screams 1987 or so. But I wanted something that holds its own against the salt air and tough environment of the Jersey shore back bay. A Weber rehabbed twice didn't. Nor did a 2010 Ducane. But this plain Jane just works...zero rust. Burner is holding up great and the igniter still works.

Here is a BBQ grill parts site that I got a lot of the parts for my Broilmaster restore from. At the time, they were clearing parts out and had some good deals. I am not sure what they have now.

I'm a sucker for saving old relics, so I'm this close to contacting the Broilmaster guy, but can't pick up until Monday (when wife is at work).
How is the replacement part market? Expensive?
The most difficult part(s) to replace are the igniter and gas collector box and the casters. Burner and heat deflector are easy. The grates are almost always 304ss. Mine are cast 304ss.

NICE SETUP!

I have seen this extended neo-outdoor kitchen for the Genesis 300 series grills before. However, this seller has custom made the side pieces match the beautiful crimson grill!

View attachment 87817

Seller also including some nice add-ons. Looks well cared for based on the interior photo. Still would be a challenge to keep that way.

Looks incredibly clean and well though out!

Back