I will just leave this here

I wish I could rescue it. But after rehabbing how much would I be able to realistically sell it for? Hard to compete with free😲!
That would be a great one to fix up for personal use, looks like everything that's unique to it is there. I've been watching this 500 Skyline not too far from me just to swap the hood onto my Silver A. These never show up around here.
430449644_7802687013117312_1912356945645227204_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1484123392151508/

I haven't seen too many two burner Skylines in the wild. I will caution you that it looks like that one has some significant "Weber Fade" in the lid....something that cannot be fixed really.

Hard to say for certain, since that grill is also dirty. It does seem the Skyline hoods are particularly subject to “Weber fade.”

@Ed_T, I hope you can grab that one. Like @Bruce said, they aren’t all that common. I did the same swap you are contemplating and still am enjoying the merged result:

IMG_6846.jpeg

Last edited:
That is what is sitting on my deck. When I crank that up the needles on my gas meter begin smoking their bearings :D
I would imagine so!
I love the cart they built for it, but would be nervous it isn't separated enough from the wood with the amount of heat I'm sure it throws

I just thought I would throw this out there for someone that was looking for a stand for a grill such as a Q-grill. It may offend some of the DIY guys out there, but if you don't want to deal with building your own, this looks like it would be a great solution for a deck or patio.

1710963431914.png

Posting here for any members. Free to any members. Need to pick up by this Friday. Moving and cannot take with us.

I just thought I would throw this out there for someone that was looking for a stand for a grill such as a Q-grill. It may offend some of the DIY guys out there, but if you don't want to deal with building your own, this looks like it would be a great solution for a deck or patio.

View attachment 88079
That’s a pretty nice set up for a net hundred bucks. I would like that for my CharQ, but I think I would put some kind of metal piece underneath the grill to keep possible hot ashes from getting to that wood. For a regular gas Q looks good to go as is.

Don't you have one of those Q3xx style stands for 200 series that you could use with your CharQ?

Don't you have one of those Q3xx style stands for 200 series that you could use with your CharQ?
Yes, but I have that slated for a gas Q200 in my backlog. I also have the old-style stand for this size Q, and that is what I have been using up and until now. I will probably stick with that, but the nice thing about a table like this Menards one is that these Q stands have absolutely no shelves, and unlike the gas Q grills, the CharQ does not have side tables. Having a place to set a food platter or condiments down would be really nice!

Yah, if you need a stand for the deck or patio, that would be a great solution. A sheet of aluminum on the top would be simple modification to protect from burning embers.

Back