I will just leave this here

I do think it has the dropsies. If you look at this photo, it clearly shows it. I think the first photo is one where the table is not fully down and the shadow makes it look like there is a gap.

338278504_5967237656689738_4492013111814108400_n.jpg

It is fixable....Really easy with a mig welder, but even without, it can be dealt with. That is still a great grill for the price...but I would still try a lower offer. See what happens.

Note it has the stamped grates. One more reason when I got the Summit I did not want the "newer supposedly better" one. Just felt cheap compared to the one now in Jon's possession

I noticed that, too. A pretty cheap move for an expensive grill. I guess you could remedy that for another $150 or so. I

These generation 2 Summits were a drop down in most ways from the 1st generation one that @LMichaels sold to me. I think the manufacturing cost was a lot less since they got rid of a lot of heavy 304 stainless and replaced it with thermoset shelves. That's not to say they are all bad. I do like the rear sear burner which was an attempt to make rotisserie good - an ability the 1st generation Summit doesn't really have.

Someday I would like to take on a Platinum Summit with the 304 stainless frame (even the 1st generation Summit didn't have that!) and see what it would take to remedy its firebox issues. This one listed as new is an interesting curiosity, but a decent Platinum would be better to me.

Hmmmm, probably a good move my Napoleon. Golfers are generally mid to upper income and a great target audience for grills in 1k and up range. Napolean seems to be the one gas grill maker that gets compared to Weber Genesis quite often. Weber, are you seeing this?

Back