I will just leave this here

In case someone has one of the early frames designed for a permanent mount.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:f92dc4ea-3ed5-4f6d-bace-77fdc84e9e90

322758259_6544588572225023_6980428109345077325_n.jpg

A little rough, but if it was within retrievable range I would still be tempted. I haven’t seen green before.

Just ran the green Summit through Google maps. 3.5 hours each way. Despite wanting to add an early model Summit to my collection, it’s still too far to travel for what it is. I’ve seen better specimens closer and will have one eventually.

Last edited:
Sometimes it isn’t true that “Free is free!”

E22DF2D9-D137-4051-8D38-B182086BA0CF.jpeg

My wife and I have been watching a HGTV show “The Ugliest House in America.” If they spin off a show about the ugliest grill, this one’s gets my nomination!

Looks like a nice Gen 1 stainless steel performer.

This is the grill I was looking for last year before I went with the WSC.

0D697CB9-228C-44E6-BAAA-A85585DC3EC2.jpeg

John, I would be all over that if it was down here for 150 bucks and I have a Brick Red Gen 2. I love that Blue Color actually did one for a friend of mine it's more indigo would have taken that and swapped it into my Gen 2 then sold the Gen 1.

John, I would be all over that if it was down here for 150 bucks and I have a Brick Red Gen 2. I love that Blue Color actually did one for a friend of mine it's more indigo would have taken that and swapped it into my Gen 2 then sold the Gen 1.
Seriously- almost every blue Gen one performer I have seen for sale has rust damage on the porcelain enamel- this one looks pretty good. Maybe someone swapped out a more recent kettle.

Not in the market though, hopefully it finds a good home. That’s why I posted it up.

You would have to look at it from underneath my friend had exactly what you described even though it was a Gen 2. It had damage on the lid but especially underneath, I told him to live with the lid but I did take JB Weld and coat the rust underneath the bowl and sprayed with some high heat paint the color is impossible to match trust me I tried but since its underneath almost impossible to notice.

If I remember underneath those rust spots were in the locations of the charcoal grate tabs can't remember it was a few years ago.

Before I bought my WSK I wanted a blue SSP, and a blue E330 to go along with my Blue Genesis 3.

Every time I see one I'm tempted but in the end I'll still have a black WSK and a Green BGE.

Now if both of those were blue...

That one does LOOK nice for sure. I agree with John_NJ in that most of the older blues I have seen have always been toast. This looks like it just might be different. A very good deal.

Back