I will just leave this here

Our furnace is 99% efficiency (well 98.5 according to the literature from Carrier Corp), so honestly the fireplace is more an ambiance type of thing rather than heat source. I really didn't buy it a heat source. Only because it was great to get rid of all the drafts, the patio door freezing shut, the wasp infestations every year. Not to mention the cleanup and all.
But, as for heating, LOL it blows us out of the family room after 20 minutes. So we end up opening the patio door. Yeah, we're funny like that

We looked at doing a vent free but when the fireplace company demoed it, we found the fumes a bit over whelming. So we had a fully sealed direct vent unit installed 85% efficient too BTW, Also remote controlled. Ahh. "honey shall I build a fire"? Click :D
Our family room is warmer now (even without running the fireplace), no more wasp infestations, no more exterminator bills, we love it. and if the smell of smoke is necessary I can always go outside grab a pellet or 2 and light them in a dish for a little "ambiance'" It also functions well in a power outage. Which we recently put to use thanks to a power pole going down a while back on a cold night.
Yeah the remote makes things easy. Our bedroom FP doesn't have it. It's just a switch on the wall. The family room FP does though. It brings the temperature up on the main floor in 20 minutes. It's adjustable but the adjustments are tricky. Too low and it shuts off.

New member needs some advice-

Yeah the remote makes things easy. Our bedroom FP doesn't have it. It's just a switch on the wall. The family room FP does though. It brings the temperature up on the main floor in 20 minutes. It's adjustable but the adjustments are tricky. Too low and it shuts off.
Mine is a just a little too powerful. But, we love it. In about 10 minutes you get REALLY warm and in 10 min more you're either naked or turning it off or crack the patio door. I know it's irony. Of course if there should be a power outage like we had recently on a cold day/night, it's plenty powerful to keep you nice and roasty. And that is on the lowest setting. We've never even tried putting it up to high. Besides, I have to remove the lower trim cover to do that. The control is not external. All I can do is turn it on and off. There was a higher end model that had a remote thermostat that actually controlled everything but that unit was like $7k IIRC and honestly the $$$$ just weren't in the cards. So I went with the mid grade model. Remote on/off only. It's made by the same company that makes Broilmaster grills BTW

Mine is a just a little too powerful. But, we love it. In about 10 minutes you get REALLY warm and in 10 min more you're either naked or turning it off or crack the patio door. I know it's irony. Of course if there should be a power outage like we had recently on a cold day/night, it's plenty powerful to keep you nice and roasty. And that is on the lowest setting. We've never even tried putting it up to high. Besides, I have to remove the lower trim cover to do that. The control is not external. All I can do is turn it on and off. There was a higher end model that had a remote thermostat that actually controlled everything but that unit was like $7k IIRC and honestly the $$$$ just weren't in the cards. So I went with the mid grade model. Remote on/off only. It's made by the same company that makes Broilmaster grills BTW
We have a similar situation and the thermostat for the HVAC system is about 12' from the fireplace. The first floor is really warm, the furnace doesn't come on and the upstairs gets cold! But we do the same as you...open the door to the deck. It cools things fast.
We bought these and I installed them: https://www.woodlanddirect.com/pete...er-see-through-vented-gas-log-set/528384.html

We have a similar situation and the thermostat for the HVAC system is about 12' from the fireplace. The first floor is really warm, the furnace doesn't come on and the upstairs gets cold! But we do the same as you...open the door to the deck. It cools things fast.
We bought these and I installed them: https://www.woodlanddirect.com/pete...er-see-through-vented-gas-log-set/528384.html
Looks like the ones in mine. Ours has those little glowing chips on the floor as well. Been pondering taking them out and putting in those little fireplace "crystals". They sell them at Menards. I think they'd look cool wife thinks I am nuts, but than she's thought that since she got stuck with me in Nov 1985!

Looks like the ones in mine. Ours has those little glowing chips on the floor as well. Been pondering taking them out and putting in those little fireplace "crystals". They sell them at Menards. I think they'd look cool wife thinks I am nuts, but than she's thought that since she got stuck with me in Nov 1985!
It came with two giant bags of "embers" plus rock wool. I could only fit one bag of the embers, which are pumice pebbles I believe.

Mine has a dedicated battery powered wired thermostat. It has simple 5 + 2 day, 4 time slot programming. It cycles on and off and keeps the family room a little warmer. It's pretty simple and easy to use. Sort of like a genny silver B of gas fireplaces.

This is for sale in Norway, for 15$
Wireless Weber Style Thermometer (Mod 6741) with 3 probes
Anyone with this product who can tell if this is a good buy or if the iGrill 3 is better? I know the iGrill 3 is the newest modell and more expensive..

Attachments

• A307A474-380E-465F-9C10-6243D48F7170.jpeg
    A307A474-380E-465F-9C10-6243D48F7170.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 073D8F54-E50C-4353-9735-F158D94D6185.jpeg
    073D8F54-E50C-4353-9735-F158D94D6185.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 9
  • E8E226A6-174B-4F84-90A3-6F03B8205AE1.jpeg
    E8E226A6-174B-4F84-90A3-6F03B8205AE1.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 9
I have never seen one of these before. But, I can certainly understand why it wasn't real popular and clearly didn't last long in production.

I agree. It looks like it is new and unused. However, I know nothing about it other than what you see in the Facebook post.

This is for sale in Norway, for 15$
Wireless Weber Style Thermometer (Mod 6741) with 3 probes
Anyone with this product who can tell if this is a good buy or if the iGrill 3 is better? I know the iGrill 3 is the newest modell and more expensive..
Is there no one who can say if this is a good buy?

Tom,

That's a pretty low price, but I never seen that version here, either. Are you able to buy things from Amazon in Norway? If so, I would look at some options from ThermoPro.

Attachments

• 501B5015-EEA3-4106-8BD0-E2D4D0AFABA4.jpeg
    501B5015-EEA3-4106-8BD0-E2D4D0AFABA4.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 795FCC7D-F2A9-47B0-88B7-187B95EE72E2.jpeg
    795FCC7D-F2A9-47B0-88B7-187B95EE72E2.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 65FC970D-D90A-455C-A02E-0A47988801D9.jpeg
    65FC970D-D90A-455C-A02E-0A47988801D9.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Back