I will just leave this here

It looks like only a few general parts for the JD grills. I would not grab one with hopes of rehabbing it and making a profit.

Yah, there was a used one for sale near me earlier this summer. But really, other than the color and the cheesy name sticker on the handle, it is just a plain Q grill.

Yah, I think they want you to think it is a JD manufactured grill but it is just a rebrand at best. It probably would be prudent to advertise the grills a "made by Weber".

A Gold Rust Bucket

More evidence that if you are thinking about restoring a 2nd generation Summit, hold out for a Platinum one:

That one has absolutely nothing going for it, I wouldn't take it for free.

I agree. The seller thinks he has something, but I believe he will soon find that there are no interested takers - certainly not at that price. And good luck on "parting it out."

I personally think that the only model of this 2nd generation Summit that might be worth the effort and expense to restore are the 2-year-only Platinum ones. And that would be for personal use, not for flipping.

Odd Listing

Here is a pretty nice (not sparkling clean) redhead listed at $400. No description or ad pitch whatsoever. Not sure what the seller feels this ultra-minimalist approach will do. I know I am too long-winded in my descriptions, but for $400, as a potential buyer I would want to know more:

9-28-22 Redhead Front.jpg

9-28-22 Redhead inside.jpg

Back