I will just leave this here

Right, the picture on the manual has the right scale but if you look at the pictures of the actual grill it has the tank scale from a Silver B
Yeah I saw that. the leg doesn't have the sticker, but it looks like it might have been repainted.

everything else looks legit. looks like a 1000 control panel, knobs, deep box.

I wonder if it came with the newer style gauge or if that was replaced at some time.

Yeah I saw that. the leg doesn't have the sticker, but it looks like it might have been repainted.

everything else looks legit. looks like a 1000 control panel, knobs, deep box.

I wonder if it came with the newer style gauge or if that was replaced at some time.
I honestly don't think it has been repainted. It still has the original textured paint on the lid end caps and cookbox. Also, the sticker on the control panel looks almost perfect. I think it has either lived in the garage most of its life or just put away for a long time.

I honestly don't think it has been repainted. It still has the original textured paint on the lid end caps and cookbox. Also, the sticker on the control panel looks almost perfect. I think it has either lived in the garage most of its life or just put away for a long time.
are you heading up to collect it ?

Albany NY area

View attachment 60692
Dang you, @Jon Tofte. With the exception of the Char Q that I had to have and have still never used, I’ve resisted charcoal cookers time and again. Not only is this in the Albany area, it’s literally right here in the town of Ballston Spa where I reside. I’ve sent the appropriate “I’ll take it” email and am awaiting a response. If this sends me down the slippery slope of anything close to my gasser addiction, we’re both in trouble because I’ll be sending the missus your way when she starts looking for some answers.

I think you are blaming the wrong “Jon” since it was @John_NJ that linked that. Still, I hope you can add a little charcoal to your grilling rotation😎. Let us know if you got there first!

The part about inflation that worries me is that manufacturers will need to cut corners.

Things that aren’t readily apparent, like using thinner gauge metal, cheaper fasteners, lower quality finishes, etc.

We all have enjoyed a period of good quality relatively inexpensive manufactured goods in great varieties and quantities for quite some time, thanks to the well oiled global supply chain. It seems like that complex chain is becoming less reliable and breaking down little by little.

I distinctly remember living in the 70’s, and what I see when I look around seems vaguely familiar somehow.

Well, apparently this grill is some sort of collector's item and the scammers that bought one and then got a lid replaced under warranty are trying to clean up. I saw another one listed on ebay for $999.00 lid only.
They are collector pieces, but 400, and 1000 for lid only is insane. It's still fairly easy to find a complete one , new, in the box for around $700.

They are collector pieces, but 400, and 1000 for lid only is insane. It's still fairly easy to find a complete one , new, in the box for around $700.
I agree, I'm not really following the thought process on this especially since I still believe the posters of these lids probably got them for free.

Back