I will just leave this here

Just make sure you finish and sell them all before you die. I have seen too many instances of heirs calling a trash company to dumpsters rolled up to houses and everything gets chucked.

Dan,

Don't feel too badly...My shop looked like that just a week ago! I spent two days reorganizing and getting rid of stuff, and still have work to go.

This is the place I stored my projects before I moved from Florida. You couldn't even hardly open the door!

IMG_4903.JPEG

In the same building, I had a small "shop." It wasn't much better:

IMG_4907.JPEG

Free Summit Platinum in Stamford CT

View attachment 59893
If that 2nd generation Summit Platinum was within an hour or so, I would take a chance on that one. I say that because I believe the sheet metal shop I found could help me with the firebox rebuild. The rest is pretty much stainless - but of course there would also be those EXPENSIVE flavorizer bars...

I am still looking to buy a Weber Kamado with the side table.

Most likely I will be buying a used one, and again most likely will be traveling a few hours to get it.

I have a pickup truck as my sole vehicle, and have started to think about what I might need to bring with me in the way of tools/ blankets and maybe wood blocks so this grill won’t be bouncing around on the casters.

Partial disassembly?

Remove the casters and ratchet strap it down?

I still haven’t seen one yet to get a sense of how it’s constructed and thought it would be good to be prepared in case I have to move quickly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

I am still looking to buy a Weber Kamado with the side table.

Most likely I will be buying a used one, and again most likely will be traveling a few hours to get it.

I have a pickup truck as my sole vehicle, and have started to think about what I might need to bring with me in the way of tools/ blankets and maybe wood blocks so this grill won’t be bouncing around on the casters.

Partial disassembly?

Remove the casters and ratchet strap it down?

I still haven’t seen one yet to get a sense of how it’s constructed and thought it would be good to be prepared in case I have to move quickly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
It's not as heavy as a big gas grill. Two of us lifted mine onto a 4x4 pickup without much trouble. I put the drawer, grates and heat deflector in a box to reduce the rattling and just strapped the grill in the middle of the bed, standing on the casters.

Nope, never heard of it. If they were popular, up in this area is the place to find them though. It looks like something that was probably made back in the 60's and 70's. I am kind of surprised that the grill is not painted green.

Back