I will just leave this here

If it was any good, it probably would have been used more than 5 times.
You never know maybe someone dreams of making pizza at home then reality hit with the amount of work it would take as opposed to going to your local pizzeria and just buying one with a few brews. Lots of people on the forum make pizza seen some incredible results but that is not something for me.

My next door neighbor had a PK Charcoal grill not cheap by the way could see it from my yard and then one day it was gone I don't even think he had it for a year. Next time I saw him asked what happened to it he said he gave it to his son really did not care for the work charcoal required as opposed to just firing up his Weber Gasser.

Yep , that’s the old Genesis Jr. - Weber’s first attempt at a smaller, entry level gas grill. It is the same width as a Genesis but with only 2 burners. On the other hand, it has two rows if flavorizer bats like its big brother.

The design was intended to use as many Genesis parts as possible but resulted in its odd proportions. Today that’s a big part of its charm. They then went for a scaled down gas grill version with various names including Spirit and Genesis Silver A.

Hi All,

Was up north helping my Uncle at his cottage and found this in the storage room. Unfortunately the grill is long gone but this will be a nice addition when I restore one of the oldies. Also found an original bag of Weber 1988 Hickory wood chips.

Rob

Attachments

• 20220912_203235.jpg
    20220912_203235.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220912_203254.jpg
    20220912_203254.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 25
Eventually you find your limit - even for freebies! 🤪 Those are very nice, solid grills, but they aren’t among my favorite Webers.

Two questions.
Is this that highly recommended all stainless frame?
If not, is there something about the Gold model’s design/parts that everyone here recommends it for?

Second , can someone translate what this guy is trying to say?

2AE1D1D1-5B0E-45A8-A541-5AFD83EFA986.jpeg
17938EDF-617D-44D9-B4B3-793A52385350.jpeg

It is not the stainless frame Platinum version which came out a few years after this one. At that time I believe this was Weber’s top Genesis model so you get double side tables and on that one a side burner. The stainless hood was a big deal then as well.

I think the guy feels his propane tank is too dangerous to use for a prospective buyer to fire it up. He is suggesting that you bring your own tank to test the grill.

Definitely NOT a $150 grill. Part missing from side burner, the SS hood is not all "that" due to a plain steel liner that rusts out and crumbles down onto your food. No pics of inside (likely for good reason). Could it be a nice grill? Sure, with work. But finding that lid for the side burner will be very difficult, best to cut that liner out of the lid and whatever is going on with the internals and gas system. Even if a keeper I would not spend more than $70

It is not the stainless frame Platinum version which came out a few years after this one.
This is something I have been wondering about.

If I found a Weber Platinum for sale, it would have a stainless steel frame? The 1 1/4” frame?

Would this frame fit my 93 Genesis 1000 firebox and hood?

Inquiring minds want to know.

No, not all platinums had stainless frames. The only Genesis Platinum or otherwise grills that had the stainless frames was two years from 2004-2005 or 2005-2006. They did make platinums other years that did not have the stainless frames.

Back