I will just leave this here

Wow, that's next level cheap.

Like I get the big brands are expensive and seems like overkill for some, but not to even have storage below.

Could have just made it open in front but make the bottom a shelf?
Agree. Use the shelf to add support. Plenty for stout. This just seems quite unimaginative.

Wow, that's next level cheap.

Like I get the big brands are expensive and seems like overkill for some, but not to even have storage below.

Could have just made it open in front but make the bottom a shelf?
I have a Silver C never have put anything on that bottom shelf for storage what would I put there its a gasser.

I am looking to get a genesis propane. Not afraid to restore; actually I would prefer the project. I found this one which looked to be a genesis platinum from 2001? It’s listed for $100. Deal or no deal?

I want to hold out for a wood slat genesis but they seem to be few and far here in Utah.

I would like to get one and have it for a loooong time.

What say ye?
91242ACE-01F1-4549-A645-B1EE42D0EB9F.jpeg848475F4-44F0-4B44-BBE1-F2134B91D839.jpeg

I would personally stay away from that grill for rehabbing. While they are really cool and capable grills, they are pretty rare and therefore, parts are not easy to come by.
If you really want an older Genesis 1000 with wood slats, just be patient. They are out there in fairly good numbers still. Don't worry about the wood being in good shape as you would likely be replacing it anyway. Also, consider that the later Genesis 1000 grills that used Durawood in place of the real wood are basically the exact same grill aside from the material used for the wood slats. You are going to replace it anyway. Also, the newer Genesis 1000's have the slide rail for the flip table instead of the support rod which is waaaay more convenient to use.

I am looking to get a genesis propane. Not afraid to restore; actually I would prefer the project. I found this one which looked to be a genesis platinum from 2001? It’s listed for $100. Deal or no deal?

I want to hold out for a wood slat genesis but they seem to be few and far here in Utah.

What say ye?
View attachment 54471View attachment 54472
Not certain, but I thought the 2000 2001 platinums were slightly different in the burners and cookbox. Just enough where the burners and Flav bars are not as readily available.

Double check this as this is from my fading memory.

I would personally stay away from that grill for rehabbing. While they are really cool and capable grills, they are pretty rare and therefore, parts are not easy to come by.
If you really want an older Genesis 1000 with wood slats, just be patient. They are out there in fairly good numbers still. Don't worry about the wood being in good shape as you would likely be replacing it anyway. Also, consider that the later Genesis 1000 grills that used Durawood in place of the real wood are basically the exact same grill aside from the material used for the wood slats. You are going to replace it anyway. Also, the newer Genesis 1000's have the slide rail for the flip table instead of the support rod which is waaaay more convenient to use.
Valid info. Thank you for the tips. This place is a gold mine for info.

Edit: corrected what I typed cause autocorrect did me dirty.

Last edited:
I will keep looking. Patience is a virtue I seem to lack.
Not sure how close this is to you, but it looks like a clean 2002 genesis silver B for $50. I've had a silver B for over 20 years, and they are solid grills. It may work well until you find your forever genesis.

20220704_102511.jpg

Not sure how close this is to you, but it looks like a clean 2002 genesis silver B for $50. I've had a silver B for over 20 years, and they are solid grills. It may work well until you find your forever genesis.

View attachment 54473

Awesome, thanks! It not too far. I’ll have to go look. unfortunately, I don’t have allot of room to have multiple genesis. My yard is too small as is. But it would be nice to start grilling on gas sooner than later.

Having a working grill in the backyard while you are restoring an early Genesis makes sense to me. When the other is done, sell the silver B. That one looks like it is in great shape.

And if you buy a nice set of grates for the Silver, they will work on an older x000 genesis.

You in the car yet? 😁

What say ye?
View attachment 54471View attachment 54472
It’s a really nice grill. I had gotten one to replace my current Genesis(4000). Looks cool, but it for its size there is not enough tray area.

Joe, I agree. It could benefit a lot if it had one or even two swing tables on it. I would also be very skeptical of the cabinet on that grill. They typically are rusted out pretty bad within ten years unless you live if the desert SW.

Joe, I agree. It could benefit a lot if it had one or even two swing tables on it. I would also be very skeptical of the cabinet on that grill. They typically are rusted out pretty bad within ten years unless you live if the desert SW.
The one I had had the mesh bottom and wasn’t bad at all. Gave it to a friend.

View attachment 54473

I got a Genesis Silver B in 2001 as my “starter” gas grill. 21 years later, still works like a champ, so maybe it is actually my “forever” gasser……

I thought I would just be a charcoal guy using my kettles and being happy. I used the Genesis 2000 that I refinished for my brother on the 4th. The convenience is undeniable and really easy to use. I miss the charcoal and wood flavor I can get from the kettle but I did not miss smelling like charcoal and smoke for the rest of the day.

Now I gotta see if I should rehab one for myself LOL. I still have the redhead that I am slowly doing for my parents.

I have a set time to go get this one for $30. It looks to be in great condition and comes with a cover.
90B4A43C-69AA-4A7B-8FCE-4356CBF76B29.jpeg
But there is this one for $50. It should have the extra flavorizer bars but needs a new regulator. New Weber regulators are like $50. Any advice?
D7B18688-E7A4-4D04-B565-8B72FCA7D507.jpeg

Back