I will just leave this here

Generic regulators are about $15 and work fine. Just need to ensure you get a low pressure one designed for LP grills.

Both grills look really good for fixing up. Gold C would have the extra burner if you like that. Also, much easier to rehab and clean up with parts more readily available. The Genesis 1000 will look great when done and is probably the better grill for cooking.

I've always seen wood or durawood bottom shelf's on Genesis 1000s.

Were any 1000s originally shipped with a bottom shelf wire rack like the one in that picture? or was that a transplant from a newer Silver B ?

Yeah my personal 1000 has a way Iraq as well. But I am not sure if it came with one or not. I do know that the rack will not fit a silver B.

Anyone know what model this is? It looks like a genesis 1000 but through the brochures I’ve looked at on here they all have a slotted handle.

D86530B5-AA85-48A2-9330-7A09672AC858.jpeg

I just came across that one myself, too far away though. I have been coming across an awful lot of these older two burner grills lately in both LP and NG. I wish that more of the parts would interchange with the three burner models because most of these have been in really nice shape for their age. I just don't get very excited over them for myself.

You know, before owning one, I didn't think I would ever like a 2-burner Weber. I thought of it as just a cheap compromise. I am not sure how two widely spaced burners can do it, but, trust me, my custom Silver A can pump out the heat and does it very evenly. I really think these are very underrated.

It is true that ones like the one posted above do look a little bit "dinky" because of their smaller frame and low hood. That one actually looks above average and maybe has no black hood fade. Still, I think Weber got it best when they upgraded the SIlver A to look more substantial with a fold-down thermoset table, closed in cabinet (yes, I know it is a rust trap), and new style hood. Altogether, these changes made the Silver A look a lot like the larger 3-burner Silver B of that era:

IMG_1803.JPEG

One nice thing about the Silver A line is that the hoods and fireboxes all interchange between the earlier version (like the free one being dumped) and the later one shown above. I used that to make my custom Skyline 2-burner that most of you have seen. It is currently my "daily driver" and I don't feel compromised at all:

Skyline 2 burner JON.jpeg

Burger on 2-burner Skyline cast iron grate.jpeg

Back