I will just leave this here

Outback puts some type of weird rub (seasoning) on everything they serve. Seems everything just drowns in that one particular flavor profile. Just cannot handle it. BTW I like Shell T-6 5W-40 in my Kubota Diesel and in fact in all my outdoor equipment. Tastes good when basted on chicken cooked on GrillGrates as well. Bwahahahaha :D

If I am allowed to say so myself it was definitely better than what the same money would have bought at any steakhouse. Not saying it was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse good, but it WAS really good.

Been to Ruth's Chris a number of times (on someone else's expense account, thankfully) and have never been impressed. Aside from being seemingly unable to cook a medium-rare steak to anything other than medium, they over-season the meat.

Been to Ruth's Chris a number of times (on someone else's expense account, thankfully) and have never been impressed. Aside from being seemingly unable to cook a medium-rare steak to anything other than medium, they over-season the meat.
Been to Morton's Steak House and really like everything but the price.

I can't remember the last time I ordered a steak in a restaurant. I'm not saying I can cook one better than a restaurant, but when I go out I want to eat something different.
I'm the same way. When I pay for a restaurant meal, I want something I can't cook at home — either because I lack the skill/knowledge/tools, or don't normally have access to or keep the ingredients on hand (Thai food is a good example.)

I only went once - also on someone else’s tab - and while the place was way too stuffy for me, my steak was quite fine. I do like mine more medium well (and I don’t like an overdressed waiter swooping in to pick up my dropped napkin). The funny thing is that my friend who took me bragged that Ruth Chris did not use a bunch of seasoning but “let the steak speak for itself.”

I also like a fair amount of seasoning. I guess I enjoy a way more casual place, so Outback was fun and fine with me, and my steaks there were adequate to my taste when I was there.

I still would way rather by prime and grill - and season - it myself.F3FB00C4-30BA-4D75-B095-B239D77CCDE9.jpegB63B18E9-ECB6-4EEB-9763-206A89C9E9C7.jpeg

I only went once - also on someone else’s tab - and while the place was way too stuffy for me, my steak was quite fine. I do like mine more medium well (and I don’t like an overdressed waiter swooping in to pick up my dropped napkin). The funny thing is that my friend who took me bragged that Ruth Chris did not use a bunch of seasoning but “let the steak speak for itself.”

I also like a fair amount of seasoning. I guess I enjoy a way more casual place, so Outback was fun and fine with me, and my steaks there were adequate to my taste when I was there.

I still would way rather by prime and grill - and season - it myself.View attachment 40185View attachment 40186
Jon, the more I see pics of you grilling on the char Q the more I want one to try. Maybe I should try putting the Q 120 grate over the hole in my kettle gourmet grate and see how that works.

Jon, the more I see pics of you grilling on the char Q the more I want one to try. Maybe I should try putting the Q 120 grate over the hole in my kettle gourmet grate and see how that works.
I know, I know, I feel the same way! That little Char Q, I'm tellin' ya!

Are you saying we should oil the grillgrates before using?

Or is a 12 step seasoning method needed?
Hey whoa. I’m a stainless rod guy. There is a grill grates guy somewhere around here. I think I saw a waiter swoop in to pick up his napkin :)

Had to share this somewhere....... Free on the curb, and, judging by the condition of the wood slats, well taken care of. I didn't grab it, but my buddy did (he texted me to see if it was worth the "price"!) :)

1636749793379.jpeg
1636749809703.jpeg

Back