I will just leave this here

We don’t eat that type of sh .. thing around here.
I don't consider it a number one choice for steak, but I don't hate Outback like it sounds like you do! I think it is kind of fun place, although I admit it has been a couple years or more since I have been there. I am not criticizing your dislike and promise I wouldn't be a rude guest and make that comparison if you served me real, home-grilled steak :D ! (Kind of reminds me of my much disliked great aunt who, when tasting my mother's home made stuffing said, "This is good, but if you want something really good it would be Stouffers :oops: ! We almost had a fatality that evening.)

This past Sunday we had special company. I bought prime filet mignon from Sam's and did my best with my wonderful little 2-burner Skyline. I would have preferred the Weber CharQ or PK charcoal grill, but my wife doesn't and I didn't want to take any chances any way. If I am allowed to say so myself it was definitely better than what the same money would have bought at any steakhouse. Not saying it was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse good, but it WAS really good. My ThermoPro thermometer even allowed me to deliver tow medium rare and the rest medium well without a hitch.

$800...$600...Hey, it has only been used one season and comes with a propane tank with a little gas left!

If only used one season, where do you suppose it has been sitting for the last 10 or more years? I like the Genesis II ad for comparison :unsure: .

I restored a few cars after college. I got this 68 Cutlass convertible for $75. $35 went to the tow yard, and $40 went to a college friend who got it towed. The guy lived in it and like our grills the back was covered in grease and old under ware. After a year of my life and so much money it was done. Came out like the car in the Chicago music video "Stay the Night". I kept it for a few years then sold it. Had some good times but grills are way easier and faster. I don't have patients for a long rebuild. My friend in NJ has been restoring a 58 Belaire for 8 years now.
View attachment 40085
The car is even on topic. It burns gas and has a grill

I don't consider it a number one choice for steak, but I don't hate Outback like it sounds like you do! I think it is kind of fun place, although I admit it has been a couple years or more since I have been there. I am not criticizing your dislike and promise I wouldn't be a rude guest and make that comparison if you served me real, home-grilled steak :D ! (Kind of reminds me of my much disliked great aunt who, when tasting my mother's home made stuffing said, "This is good, but if you want something really good it would be Stouffers :oops: ! We almost had a fatality that evening.)
Jon - You were very diplomatic. I held back, even though we don't go to Outback, my dad did like to take us on occasion and the bloomin' onions and Chocolate Thunder from Down Under were really delicious IMHO. I went a few years back before getting into BBQ and joining this list and the steak was not too good. I definitely make better ones now.

Jon - You were very diplomatic. I held back, even though we don't go to Outback, my dad did like to take us on occasion and the bloomin' onions and Chocolate Thunder from Down Under were really delicious IMHO. I went a few years back before getting into BBQ and joining this list and the steak was not too good. I definitely make better ones now.
At the risk of this sounding like MeToo, the last time we ate at Outback the steak was so tough my wife sent it back. They comped her for her meal, but still...

This past Sunday we had special company. I bought prime filet mignon from Sam's and did my best with my wonderful little 2-burner Skyline. I would have preferred the Weber CharQ or PK charcoal grill, but my wife doesn't and I didn't want to take any chances any way. If I am allowed to say so myself it was definitely better than what the same money would have bought at any steakhouse. Not saying it was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse good, but it WAS really good. My ThermoPro thermometer even allowed me to deliver tow medium rare and the rest medium well without a hitch.
Aww I’m just kidding usually. But we don’t go to chains as often as we can avoid it. We are lucky to live in our fun little “Christmas City” and enjoy the restaurants in town there are plenty!

My wife's dining out preference is breakfast...she loves to go out to breakfast. Too many times have we gone out to dinner and been disappointed. The bar tab is a lot less at breakfast, too, unless we stay for Happy Hour. ;) :giggle:🥴😴

Last edited:
My wife's dining out preference is breakfast...she loves to go out to breakfast. Too many times have we gone out to dinner and been disappointed. The bar tab is a lot less at breakfast, too, unless we stay for Happy Hour. ;) :giggle:
Before they closed by us, we did like to go to Ruby Tuesday's once in a while. The petite sirloin, ribs, and salad bar were quite good. We usually eat the salad bar and took home the meal. Chocolate lava cake was also yummy.

Back