I will just leave this here

Looking good! Maybe wire brush it and then paint the handle if you like that look and lightly coat whatever you don’t paint with a silicone lubricant, almost like waxing. That wrench will give you a bunch more years! 🔧

You can see the full add if you click the link. It does show the inside and while the cook box isn't sand blast clean, it is IMO clean enough. The inside of the lid is even clean.

You can see the full add if you click the link. It does show the inside and while the cook box isn't sand blast clean, it is IMO clean enough. The inside of the lid is even clean.
I don't have facebook, this and LinkedIn for work are the sum total of my social media. I will take your word for it Bruce :)

Aside, I'm fixing up a one thousand with durawood side and lower shelves soon. Checked your crossmember information and ordered some of those inserts for the beat up frame. Thank you for that information, you've made a monster!

Yah, it is strange. I would never pay $350 that grill, but I charge around $300 for one of my Silver B/C rehabs and have sold quite a few at that price point over the last couple years. There was a lot more work put into that Genesis 4000. A lot more than I put into my Silver B's.

If I was not involved in the hobby and wanted a grill, that one would be well worth it to me. I think we all need to remember that our target audience is someone who wouldn't rehab a grill themselves but who have an appreciation for the quality of a classic Weber. One with that much style would go even further by attracting someone who wants something that evokes quality in a classic, traditional - rather than high-tech shiny metal - way. I hope it sells quick for that person. He deserves at least that much. I would ask more. I hope there are buyers who agree.

I agree Jon. For someone wanting an older style Weber Genesis, that would be a great deal. Since it is in Sacramento, CA, it is probably not a big issue selling it in November, but it would probably already be gone if it was April or May.

I guess my fantasy of becoming wealthy and buying a classic already-restored convertible instead of an electric car can be applied to the concept. I'd like that reward without all the work, although that still doesn't explain why I think my 21 and 26 year old vehicles are "fine" ....

I guess my fantasy of becoming wealthy and buying a classic already-restored convertible instead of an electric car can be applied to the concept. I'd like that reward without all the work, although that still doesn't explain why I think my 21 and 26 year old vehicles are "fine" ....

I think my "weber habit" is indirectly keeping me away from taking on an older car restomod.

It starts with "lets just drop in an LS" the rest will be easy... six figures later...

I think my "weber habit" is indirectly keeping me away from taking on an older car restomod.

It starts with "lets just drop in an LS" the rest will be easy... six figures later...
I'm happy I'm currently pretty up to date with the Jeep and the car ...

I restored a few cars after college. I got this 68 Cutlass convertible for $75. $35 went to the tow yard, and $40 went to a college friend who got it towed. The guy lived in it and like our grills the back was covered in grease and old under ware. After a year of my life and so much money it was done. Came out like the car in the Chicago music video "Stay the Night". I kept it for a few years then sold it. Had some good times but grills are way easier and faster. I don't have patients for a long rebuild. My friend in NJ has been restoring a 58 Belaire for 8 years now.
69.jpg

Back