I will just leave this here

Yeah, I think it is a conversion grill. That would give me a little pause, but really you could return it to LP if you have as many leftover parts as some of us do! Manifold, tank scale & holder looks like it would do the trick.

I am pretty confident that is a gray hood. The other color was almost a maroon tone.

I would have the parts to convert it back to propane. I even have the two racks/baskets for the bottom shelf. But these old grills do not make sense to flip. I would have a hard time finding a buyer for such a classic. And costs with the double layer 13 flavorizer bars are just too high. And cleaning the slated shelves is a pain too. And no I don’t need another lid. I already have too many. Lol
No I cannot give in. I need to start working on that Skyline I have sitting here for months.

I would have the parts to convert it back to propane. I even have the two racks/baskets for the bottom shelf. But these old grills do not make sense to flip. I would have a hard time finding a buyer for such a classic. And costs with the double layer 13 flavorizer bars are just too high. And cleaning the slated shelves is a pain too. And no I don’t need another lid. I already have too many. Lol
No I cannot give in. I need to start working on that Skyline I have sitting here for months.

Stefan,

I would agree that it is not a good flip candidate. Could be a nice collector grill if you like gray. I don't think it is stylish enough to get much attention other than from hard core Weber fanatics like people here.

I do think your Skyline could potentially attract someone. I am sure you have a bunch of former Chicago people in Texas. The Chicago Skyline on that sharp black hood and the historical connection could potentially find an interested buyer. Might take a while, but worth a try I think.

I ran across one with a what looked like a NG hose but it was a LP hose hooked up to the house LP tank. He had the original regulator for it.

I would try a lower offer on it. It has been up for a while and it isn't exactly prime grilling season.....If people are looking for grills now, it is for presents for Christmas.

Got the grill today. Was a 2.5h round trip. $45 was the lowest the seller was willing to go. But I think it was worth it. Almost new SS flavorizer bars. The shelves with the zbars are like new. No rust at all. The grates are ok but the standard stamped enameled ones. Overall the grill seemed to be hardly used and it looks like it was mainly stored inside. The firebox is in great shape as well. So a perfect parts grill for my Skyline.

Stefan,

That looked like a good one to me. Is the hood green? I wish I could find a classic hood in green. Not common in my area.

Even if you are going to fade out of the grill restoration hobby, I am glad you are looking to do a nice finale with that Skyline. Good luck on it. Your pickup will definitely be a big help.

Stefan,

That looked like a good one to me. Is the hood green? I wish I could find a classic hood in green. Not common in my area.

Even if you are going to fade out of the grill restoration hobby, I am glad you are looking to do a nice finale with that Skyline. Good luck on it. Your pickup will definitely be a big help.

Yes it is green. But green ones don’t really sell in my area. Tried it before without success.

A Skyline in hiding?

I have laid off trolling for grills hoping to concentrate on what I already have. But I was waiting to pick up my son from his job and got bored. This ugly but interesting grill popped up.

https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/for/d/palm-bay-gas-grill/7025740901.html

An hour and a half drive from me. Is it worth that trip if I can get him down to say $35?

Definitely has the Skyline condiment shelf. Hood - the $64,000 question - unknown. Everything else looks like a wreck. Worth pursuing? I could ask about the hood, but that would be playing my hand. I do have a friend who lives up that way who I would like to see, so I could try to tie that in.

My self-enabling is kicking in. Someone help me:eek:!

I would ask for pics without the cover. I doubt this will sell at that price with these photos. If it really is a Skyline you can still haggle based on the missing parts.

I would say that you're right it's probably a skyline. Those baskets seem to be missing from many skyline grills. If you really don't want to show your hand you can message for a picture of the hood and only you will see it. on top of that you might be able to see if it is truly a skyline and, if it has the dreaded fade.

Back