I will just leave this here

Jason,
I keep trying to hold myself back for the same reason. I think I am going to go for one more until my inventory goes down a lot. It’s a Genesis 2 that looks mostly good. $30. That will be it for me until there is a big turnaround in production.

Yah, but that silver b is also an easy clean up and flip. I have passed on a whole lot of grills the last month as people are closing up shop for the winter up here and trying to clear out junk. But, I have held pretty true and haven't broken my vow to lay off until next spring unless a "Can't Pass" opportunity arises.

I have found it really tough to get a "deal" at an estate sale. That one might not be too high priced judging from the overall deterioration and the huge hole/dent in the lid. But, there are some good parts to put into another grill.

I did send them a text to ask what they they are asking for the grill. Maybe they will respond. I would not drive out there without knowing the price since this is a 2h round trip outside the rush hour. Much worse in rush hour. I am not so keen on the grill as a whole but I could use the right swing up table and maybe some of the z-bars for the Skyline I still have to restore.
Managed to copy the link for the larger picture. Not sure there is a dent in the lid of if this is just a reflection. But it looks like someone fabricated some home made wooden frame end pieces which seem to be bolted from the front. Not sure what they are.
https://picturescdn.estatesales.net/2402064/76155306/1.jpg

Last edited:
Stefan, are you going to try and get it?
Wow, theres a whole lot of glass and dishes in that place.

Not sure yet. Only if cheap enough. And yes they have tons of glass and some old vintage power tools. Looks like most of their stuff is 70-80s or older.

Stefan: Yah, that is just a toy on top of the lid...haha. Anyway, what is the top price you would consider to drive out and check it out?

Are those "Handles" on the left side factory or are they add ons?

Stefan: Yah, that is just a toy on top of the lid...haha. Anyway, what is the top price you would consider to drive out and check it out?

Are those "Handles" on the left side factory or are they add ons?

$20 - $30 is probably my max. Anything beyond that is too much. No idea how the burners look like since they are the tricky part which are no longer available.
And I have no idea what these wood handles are. They look home made to me.

Stefan,

You deserve credit for will power! I would go an hour and pay twice that assuming the hood is, in fact, intact. Yeah, it would be hard to get working correctly again, although there have been some interesting posts about customizing regular Genesis burners to fit. This is just one of those grills that drive me a little crazy. Looks so cool even though I know they don't grill that well and I certainly don't need another grill. I just see them as an interesting part of Weber's gas grill story that is rapidly fading out. I doubt you will be able to even find one ten years from now except ones that grill nuts like us have saved and restored. I personally like the black hood, too. All cleaned up and with a red kettle on the logo, it would be very sharp and totally uncommon.

I don't need another grill either. I am just thinking to reuse the parts and maybe sell the other parts if they are still usable.
I still have to sell the two grills I refurbished before I went on my two week trip to Europe. But right now we have nasty weather and I can't give these grills a final polish to make them presentable. And I have 4 other project grills I want to finish and sell.
On top of that my wife just said when I opened my suitcase: "You brought what from Germany?". Yes I really don't need that small ivory Smokey Joe either. But it was cheap.

I feel like I am at a 12 Step Weberholics meeting with a bunch of very undisciplined members.
t0sG1c6.jpg

I feel like I am at a 12 Step Weberholics meeting with a bunch of very undisciplined members.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Yep, Bruce, that would be me and a few others here!

Stefan,
I actually got off easy with my wife when my German treasures were revealed. Maybe because I really did think about her and my sons and brought them something, too. Faith loves books and snow, so a beautifully illustrated book about snow people was a hit even if in German. When you use the Google translate camera it gives some funny translations. A little like the inscrutable English instructions that accompany some things from China:rolleyes:!

I can’t really see it being likely that Jr. would make a cost effective parts source. It is begging for a proper restoration of what it is. If it does turn out to be cheap and you strip off the tables, I would recommend you offer the remaining unique Jr. parts here on the forum. Someone surely would be interested in saving a Jr. - hopefully someone in driving distance since freight would be the deal killer.

Yep, Bruce, that would be me and a few others here!

Stefan,
I actually got off easy with my wife when my German treasures were revealed. Maybe because I really did think about her and my sons and brought them something, too. Faith loves books and snow, so a beautifully illustrated book about snow people was a hit even if in German. When you use the Google translate camera it gives some funny translations. A little like the inscrutable English instructions that accompany some things from China:rolleyes:!

I can’t really see it being likely that Jr. would make a cost effective parts source. It is begging for a proper restoration of what it is. If it does turn out to be cheap and you strip off the tables, I would recommend you offer the remaining unique Jr. parts here on the forum. Someone surely would be interested in saving a Jr. - hopefully someone in driving distance since freight would be the deal killer.

My wife was just laughing since she knows my crazy behavior around grills. But I also brought stuff back for the family in addition to the bicycle parts which I cannot get here, some good cheeses from Italy, chocolate from Switzerland and wine from the area I grew up. But since I travel to Germany once a year, my wife does it twice a year and our mom's come to the US as well we always have a ongoing exchange throughout the year. On most trips I even visit my family in Switzerland and Italy. I wish we would still be allowed to bring two suitcases with 70 lb each as it was some time ago. Now it is just one with 50 lb.

Back