I will just leave this here

Jon, that is a 70 mile drive.
t0sG1c6.jpg

This is a Spirit. Would the parts be pretty much interchangable with a Genesis. Frame, handles, cookbox, lid, etc...

qdEvDoh.jpg

This is a Spirit. Would the parts be pretty much interchangable with a Genesis. Frame, handles, cookbox, lid, etc...

qdEvDoh.jpg

Bruce,
I believe that the Spirit in your picture is when they shipped the old Genesis design to China and with overseas production rebadged it as a Spirit. The firebox, lid, internals, tables and end caps should all be interchangeable. One thing to note is that the frame does not have the clips for the swing tables to go up and down on. It wouldn’t be easy to remedy that.

Oh, yah, I didn't think of the catches for the swing tables. It is a curb pickup. I responded quick to the CL add but haven't heard back from them. They didn't list an address, but the town is only about 20 miles away. I figure the grill is worth it for parts, especially with the black handles. And those end caps looks like they are in good shape too.

I need to stop looking at things I'm tempted by.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/545376376289862/

Jason,

The Silver would be easy for me personally to walk away from since they are pretty common. The green 1st generation Performer would be harder to pass on. Looks very decent. For a keeper probably just a cleanup and maybe a new ash sweep and grate inside. I love those, but thing about them is that they are pretty big and heavy. They feel like a REAL Weber, similar to their gas grills in frame setup. However, that sturdiness comes at a price of having a pretty large, almost unwieldy item to put somewhere. Covers are hard to find and expensive if you need that where you live. Still, a green one is pretty nice!

I was looking at both of them as quick easy flip material. The problem is I have inventory for quick easy flips that's been sitting around for several months. That's why I have to tell myself no even though that performer is calling to me still.

Back