I will just leave this here

I have to quit posting grills on here. You guys talked me into another one. My sister will be picking it up tomorrow if the weather is OK and it isn't snowing.

Lots of good inexpensive Silver B/C rehab candidates popping up in the Twin Cities. I wish I had room to store them for next year.

Bruce,

That particular one was worth it!

My sister picked it up this morning. I have one of those handle lights that fits the round handles. I guess I could just use that. Hmmmm, Choices!

Crap, I just took a close look at the listing photo. It is missing the rear black knob. Argggghhhh!

Last edited:
Yah, I may give the Plastidip a try with the knobs next spring.

I've been thinking about spray on truck bed liner. That stuff would be nearly indestructible on BBQ pieces. If it would stick to them.

Any thoughts on that?

One day when I have free time I think I'm going to pick up a can and spray some of the knobs just to see what happens.

I think that stuff goes on with a pretty heavy texture....maybe not for the spray on stuff though. Worth a shot, because it is probably VERY durable compared to Rusto spray paint.

Let us know how it turns out Jason.

It does have some Battle scars but looks to be and otherwise complete decent condition. There must not be too many WKK people around me because if there were I don't think it would still be available. As for me I already have my performer and the premium kettle so I really can't justify it. my wife has been tolerant about all the Genesis projects that I have laying around but I don't know that she would be okay if I started becoming a collector of kettles also ;) .

Yeah, lookout for that. There is almost no limit once you open up the kettle collecting door! It becomes a fever and some of our friends at the WKC will go to any length to get a rare color.:smilekettle:

Ummmmmm, yah Stefan, almost exactly like that, but for a couple small differences. First, my grill won't have the cabinet due to more of the existing cabinet being missing due to rust than what is left. Second, the lid I want to use will have the newer rounded style which will negate me using a #9057 Grill out handle light (bummer) and third, I will hopefully be able to resurrect the original tables with the stainless inserts, but if not, I will go with the Silver B style like yours. In fact, mine will have a rotisserie just like yours. I may have to rethink the lid thing so that I can use a grill out handle light though. But, I really like the blue either way.

And now you just made me realize that I will be a black knob short for the side burner....:(

Hey Stefan, do you have a photo of the inside of the cabinet on that grill. I just want to see if one actually exists that isn't rusted out.....I am thinking Texas is a bit more friendly to them than the upper midwest.

Bruce I have not come across on that was not rusted out. Both of the Platinum grills I got had rusted out bottom shelves. On one of them even the side and back panels were rusted badly at the bottom. I fitted a wood floor mine. I actually built the floor into a Silver C and then swapped it into the Platinum frame once I got that. I used screws and metal washers in the wood to keep the doors closed with the magnets in the doors.

Even the sides are rusted out on mine. No way to salvage a cabinet on it. I just picked up a Spirit E210 today. I specifically asked if the cabinet had rust in it. The answer was NO. I guess some people just don't realize what rust is. I bought the damn thing anyway for $20. I won't be rehabbing it for sale. Probably a give away to someone. It will need new flavorizer bars and the igniter doesn't work. I hope it is just the battery. But, I am not sanding, scraping priming and repainting the whole cabinet for a stupid Spirit E210. I should have just declined to buy it, but I drove 25 miles to get it. soooo....... I should know better than to think a 5 year old cabinet grill up here would not be rusted out inside.

Done that too. Drove for a grill which was described or looked much better on photos than it actually was. So instead of returning home empty I grabbed it anyhow.

Yah, it is a decent and usable grill. I should be able to salvage everything but the flavorizer bars which are not real expensive. Then maybe some light grinding, some rust converter and a quick spray job will bring it back to respectable condition. But, it won't be up to my rehab/flip standards.

Yah, I am sure the flavorizer bars and "ferrules" are both new, 5 years ago. Whatever Ferrules are...LOL I think maybe they were meaning burners???

I would start the discussion with the seller really focused on the ferrule angle. Ask a lot of questions about them, etc. Just because I'm an idiot haha.

I already asked where the doors and bottom are? Hahaha, I want to see if he will admit they rusted out. No reply back yet.

Back