I will just leave this here

How NOT to sell a grill

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-spirit-sp-330-stainless/6718352880.html

I always get a kick out the folks that like to hide the grill underneath a cover.
Then you have to contact him if you actually want to see other pics.

LOL. I think some people are just clueless. I bought a grill from someone on CL that didn't include any pictures. I had to contact him and then he texted me the photos. I could tell that he was probably not computer savvy. Ended up getting a good deal because I think the ad turned off the competitors!

I could tell that he was probably not computer savvy.

I totally get that. But when someone can clearly post pics, why not post all of them?
I want ONE reply to my ads. "Yes, I will take it, where do I pick it up, and when?"
I don't have time to send 15 people pics, just so they can give one excuse after another
about why they don't have interest after seeing the pics that they should have in the first
place. And the whole cover thing is amazing. Great, you have a cover that anyone can buy
for $30. NoW SHOW ME WHAT IT IS HIDING! LOLOL! I seriously would bet that 20% of the
people with covers, use that as their main pic.

Yeah you see so much of that stuff. Real Estate ads with no price info only "go my portal" I spent MANY years as a Realtor and learned very early on holding back info only ****es people off and they don't ask. So you lose either way. Or I have seen much of this kind of thing people post a photo of a laptop or some other type computer. No other info like HDD size, processor, OS and so on. Than get indignant when you ask the info. Or a photo of a boat. "Boat for sale" Well DUH
I could go on but it just shows the level of stupidity and bad manners our society has stopped to

An Honest Description by a Seller!

I really liked this one: An honest description of a grill too far past its prime;):

YYqM4d0.jpg

$0
Rusty old grill - scrap
Port St. Lucie, FLLocal pickup
Posted 1 day ago in Home & garden
Used (normal wear)
It’s ugly and dirty but it works. FREE! Come pick it up. Scrap or trash by Wednesday.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/559206898/

Home Depot is also marking those down. If you are lucky you may come across the last one/display on clearance for even less.

My beautiful wife and I raised three kids with the old Thermos grill we talked about a couple of weeks ago,
then a yet to be mentioned Brinkmann stainless, and finally a used Silver B. If my family was large enough
to feed that 6 burner beast, I wouldn't be able to afford any food to cook on it. :)

Dave think about it what did a 1000 sell for in the day 5 or 6 hundred bucks don't know but with inflation 760 is probably about the same. I could never use that big a grill but someone might, sure can throw a big cookout with that one.

Yeah but they were better made products fully made HERE in the US by people earning good wages and able to make a living themselves. It's not the case anymore. Think of all the corner cutting going into those new ones for them to be able to be sold at half the original price and STILL most likely turning a 50% profit for all involved.

Dave think about it what did a 1000 sell for in the day 5 or 6 hundred bucks don't know but with inflation 760 is probably about the same. I could never use that big a grill but someone might, sure can throw a big cookout with that one.

When I bought my new 1998 1000LX it was $479.99 + tax

479.99 in 1998 is the same as $743.36 in 2018 after inflation is calculated.

Yup Bruce kind of figured that but its a 6 burner so really you cannot compare the 2 of them somebody is going to have a very nice grill if they need a beast like that make an offer of $700 if they bite to me that sounds like an excellent deal.

Yah, that is the kind of grill you own if you have a baseball team of kids or if you do a lot of entertaining. In most situations, a three burner is the most the average guy needs or wants to maintain.

Yah, that is the kind of grill you own if you have a baseball team of kids or if you do a lot of entertaining. In most situations, a three burner is the most the average guy needs or wants to maintain.

It’s that starship captain syndrome I have mentioned...I think those honking big current version 6-burner Summits :summits650:are even more that way. You dream that you are going to command this star destroyer size battle grill to galaxies unknown but wake up to find you have an overweight beast that is a pain to maintain.

Actually, as six burners go, I think the Genesis II version was at least more realistic in both weight and price - more like the previous six-burner Summit which always struck me as a “stretch” classic Genesis. There are people who do need an extra big grill. I just wouldn’t recommend the current Summit to anyone! Yet I know there are members here who do like them., so que sera...

Bruce,
I think that one is pretty nice, but agree that the distance and asking price limit your profit potential. But, if you could do a repeat at even $350...hmmm.:confused:

Maybe not. But don’t sell your work short, either. Your Skyline sale does show that there are buyers who will pay for an extra nice grill that is truly totally redone, not just washed a little and then listed like so many we have shared on here. I am not sure about that particular one, although I do think it has more potential curb appeal than any other Silver except maybe a special color lid.

Here is one that popped up not very far from me. If I wasn't already overflowing in projects, for $50 I would have already gotten it. But...

https://treasure.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-gas-grill/6725854660.html

ZMQ1S0b.jpg

Not totally sure what to make of it. Is it a late Silver with a Gold or Platinum hood? If so, did someone really also change out the logo? Maybe a special edition of some kind? Anybody have any knowledge please feel free to chime in.

I think it could be a really nice looking grill once restored. New semigloss black on those hood end caps alone would do a ton. Also a freshened up logo with a red kettle;)!

Last edited:

Back