I will just leave this here

My friend @Gregory Pinch is getting his cook box blasted today inside and out from a company in LA that is only charging him $50. If anyone's interested I can get the name of this place. It's a company that specializes in high temp Cerakote.
The Cerakote would be $125. It’s good to about 1800 degrees.

I think these prices seem pretty good for LA

Anyone have any thoughts on this Ducane grill? I tend to stick with Weber unless it's just a extreme good deal. I'm considering offering $50

Also looking at a Viking but it's a bit bulkier than I would prefer. Probably excellent for rotisserie though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241003_131627_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241003_131627_Chrome.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 5
Anyone have any thoughts on this Ducane grill? I tend to stick with Weber unless it's just a extreme good deal. I'm considering offering $50

Also looking at a Viking but it's a bit bulkier than I would prefer. Probably excellent for rotisserie though.

I know that Ducane was owned by Weber for a while. I have no idea if that particular grill is a Weber made Ducane or not though.

I know that Ducane was owned by Weber for a while. I have no idea if that particular grill is a Weber made Ducane or not though.
Yeah and it seems like a really good deal and it looks to be in pretty good shape but I'd hate to get stuck not being able to find certain parts I might need or the parts being really expensive. Plus I have quite a few Weber projects lined up so I should probably pass unless the price comes down to free.

Plus it's just a bland stainless Grill with no character. I can appreciate it for being well-built though

That Ducane is one of the Weber made ones. They're quite good products. All 304SS as well. Beware with Viking. They have 2 lines of product which both carry the name "Viking". One is actually made by Viking and one made "for Viking". My understanding is the latter is not nearly as well made. I think at least with the actual Viking made one you can find parts (though expensive), and with the Ducane IDK about parts

Back