I will just leave this here

You should only have to pay an over mileage penalty if you turn the car in at the end of the lease.
Seriously? I was under the impression I'm on the hook for a penalty regardless of whether or not I purchase at end of lease. Although one other aspect. Even though I am absolutely lovin the car, and I have had nothing but wonderful service from every Toyota I've ever had, this is still their first and my first fully electric vehicle. The beauty of a lease is if it becomes a headache, I can simply wipe my hands of it at 3 years. But, honestly if the 3 years has it suiting our needs as well as it does now, no way I ant to let it go.

Well I’m not sure what the used electric vehicle market is like, but I’m guessing Toyota will do very well if you do turn it back in, but I like where your head is at with the first model year stuff and being able to wash your hands of it.

Seriously? I was under the impression I'm on the hook for a penalty regardless of whether or not I purchase at end of lease. Although one other aspect. Even though I am absolutely lovin the car, and I have had nothing but wonderful service from every Toyota I've ever had, this is still their first and my first fully electric vehicle. The beauty of a lease is if it becomes a headache, I can simply wipe my hands of it at 3 years. But, honestly if the 3 years has it suiting our needs as well as it does now, no way I ant to let it go.
You never know for sure what the situation will be in three years, but it's nice to have options. If you find the value of the vehicle is far less than what you can buy it for then giving it back may be the smart play. That's when you would be held accountable for damage and mileage. Buy it at the end and Toyota won't care what it looks like or how many miles it has. One of the only downsides to a lease besides an uncompetitive payment, is worrying about going way over on the miles. Remember it only matters what the odometer says at the end so try not to have anxiety about it. You're not working full time or planning a lot of long trips so you'll be good no matter what you decide to do at the end. Enjoy it.

How do people get free new lids from Weber?! I need to figure this out. There’s a bunch listed recently!

Weber has always been a little too generous in that regard if you ask me. There have been more than a few people on here bragging about getting new lids for super old grills that had scratches and dents that they themselves were responsible for. That being said, you have to register a grill with Weber and within the warranty period submit a claim for a new lid and hope it gets accepted.

Last edited:
How do people get free new lids from Weber?! I need to figure this out. There’s a bunch listed recently!

Those would be nice pieces to have if you were restoring one of those grills. Cody, you should move down here by me. It seems like all the stuff you want is here in my neck of the woods.

Back