I will just leave this here

Thanks Bpratt. I have a few sets and handles from curved Silver B lids and no lids for them. I was hoping the later Spirit E300's would be a viable source.

It will fit on a Silver B. You are unlikely to be satisfied however.

The end caps are not interchangeable with a Silver B curvy lid
I set an SP 320 lid on a silver B and it looked pretty neat.
Cody, there are some very preliminary talks about having another Midwest Weber Grill Meet again next fall. We had the last one in NE Illinois about three years ago. It was a lot of work to organize everything, but we had about 16 people attend. We did swap parts, exchange ideas and had plenty of BBQ going on. It was a fun time. There seems to be a lot of active members now in the CHicago, area as well as Wisconsin and Michigan. Having another meet might be a great idea.

Here is a link to where I posted some photos of the last one. Feel free to read through the whole thread though.

I think that would be fun! Maybe Josh could fly in to rep the west coast?

Attachments

• IMG_7311.jpeg
    IMG_7311.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 4
Everyone would be welcome. I know Chris Alingham was trying to work it out to attend but wasn't able to. We had someone from Ohio I think trying to make it as well. We know it is a long ways for someone to drive or maybe even fly, but we were hoping maybe to spur others to start other regional meets as well.

Does anybody know anything about Saber brand Grills?
I do like nice little two burners but I'm looking for one for my sister-in-law this time. She wants a small barbecue for her small upper deck area. I really don't want to pick up a newer Spirit. I know I can get a used one for free or cheap but I feel like their life expectancy is quite short and they don't have a very quality feel to them. I really like my Genesis ii LX 240 but those are rare and hard to find only being made for a short period of time. This Saber grill retails for about $1,300. I think I can get this used one that looks to be in pretty good condition for under $100 but I don't know anything about them so I'll have to do some research but it looks decent. I really like to stick with Weber so it has to be a really good Grill at a really good deal otherwise. If anyone has any information about Saber it would definitely be helpful.

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/mIfl4YmrdNb

Screenshot_20240926_142019_OfferUp.jpg

Does anybody know anything about Saber brand Grills?
I do like nice little two burners but I'm looking for one for my sister-in-law this time. She wants a small barbecue for her small upper deck area. I really don't want to pick up a newer Spirit. I know I can get a used one for free or cheap but I feel like their life expectancy is quite short and they don't have a very quality feel to them. I really like my Genesis ii LX 240 but those are rare and hard to find only being made for a short period of time. This Saber grill retails for about $1,300. I think I can get this used one that looks to be in pretty good condition for under $100 but I don't know anything about them so I'll have to do some research but it looks decent. I really like to stick with Weber so it has to be a really good Grill at a really good deal otherwise. If anyone has any information about Saber it would definitely be helpful.

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/mIfl4YmrdNb

View attachment 100745
Weber or not, that looks like an awfully nice grill. I would take a chance on it at that price for sure. It would probably make for a pretty nice flip if it doesn't meet expectations.

They're the premium arm of CharBroil. Some of my understanding is they're pretty darn good grills. Made with premium materials and IIRC even US made
Oh thank you! I appreciate the information. I also see they sell them at Lowe's. Never seen them there though but I should be able to get parts if needed.

Oh thank you! I appreciate the information. I also see they sell them at Lowe's. Never seen them there though but I should be able to get parts if needed.
I never have either. But then, I rarely visit Lowes. Mostly because it seems I rarely ever find what I need there when I need it and Menards is less than 2 miles from my house. And 95% of the time I find everything I need right there at a good price

A continuance of FB marketplace being dumb… 2nd one listed when I just looked… in Nebraska. A nice unused one… but kind of a haul

I’m bummed. I knew it was too good to be true. The only good stuff I could salvage off the silver A I grabbed this week, were the knobs, igniter and button, wheels, casters, inserts, tank scale and tank bumpers. Everything else is just a bit smaller. And it’s sad because the frame was the cleanest I’ve seen. Same with the lower wire rack. Inside the frame tubes was practically rust free. But I will be cutting the frame up to keep the sections to fix other frames. So still a nice win. For free!

I’m bummed. I knew it was too good to be true. The only good stuff I could salvage off the silver A I grabbed this week, were the knobs, igniter and button, wheels, casters, inserts, tank scale and tank bumpers. Everything else is just a bit smaller. And it’s sad because the frame was the cleanest I’ve seen. Same with the lower wire rack. Inside the frame tubes was practically rust free. But I will be cutting the frame up to keep the sections to fix other frames. So still a nice win. For free!
Was there something else wrong with the grill when you picked it up? It kind of sounds like it was a nice little grill.

Everyone would be welcome. I know Chris Alingham was trying to work it out to attend but wasn't able to. We had someone from Ohio I think trying to make it as well. We know it is a long ways for someone to drive or maybe even fly, but we were hoping maybe to spur others to start other regional meets as well.
Last year it was opposite my annual early summer birthday bash for around 20 so I was previously engaged.
I’d love to meet some of you guys!

20240926_164506~2.jpg
Just built a little quick removable table top for my free cart that I got the other day. It'll be nice to have a rolling working surface for these upcoming projects. Instead of using my work truck tailgate. Space is limited but I think this will make things easier.

Rehab the Silver A!
Was there something else wrong with the grill when you picked it up? It kind of sounds like it was a nice little grill.

The bottom of the cook box was toast. It was crumbling when I took it out of the frame. I hung onto the mica grey lid and handle. Flavor bars, burner tubes and grates.

*edit - now you guys are making me think I should go get the rest out of the scrap pile! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
The bottom of the cook box was toast. It was crumbling when I took it out of the frame. I hung onto the mica grey lid and handle. Flavor bars, burner tubes and grates.

*edit - now you guys are making me think I should go get the rest out of the scrap pile! 🤦🏻‍♂️
Did you post any pictures of this grill someplace that I missed. I would like to have seen what you meant by crumbling cook box.

Back