I will just leave this here

I didn’t. The cook box when I took the bolt out holding it to the frame, the area surrounding the nut on the inside of the box disintegrated. Last night the wife got after me about all the grills. It was trash night so to appease her I threw some stuff away. The small grease tray and the handles (also smaller) went bye bye. Shoot me.

I didn’t. The cook box when I took the bolt out holding it to the frame, the area surrounding the nut on the inside of the box disintegrated. Last night the wife got after me about all the grills. It was trash night so to appease her I threw some stuff away. The small grease tray and the handles (also smaller) went bye bye. Shoot me.
Gotcha. I have a Genesis 1000 cook box sitting on the side of the house that is degraded in that area too. It's not through anywhere, but the metal is noticeably thinner in about a 5" diameter circle surrounding the hole for the bolt. I was just wondering what the problem was. So it sounds like you picked this grill up thinking the parts were interchangeable with the full size model.

Gotcha. I have a Genesis 1000 cook box sitting on the side of the house that is degraded in that area too. It's not through anywhere, but the metal is noticeably thinner in about a 5" diameter circle surrounding the hole for the bolt. I was just wondering what the problem was. So it sounds like you picked this grill up thinking the parts were interchangeable with the full size model.
I did. And last night when I set them side by side I got discouraged. On top of the not good news of my moms health condition, I screwed up 🤦🏻‍♂️

I did. And last night when I set them side by side I got discouraged. On top of the not good news of my moms health condition, I screwed up 🤦🏻‍♂️
I wouldn't call it screwing up. I would call it a learning experience.I think we've all picked up grills that didn't work out for one reason or another, I know I have. I think you mentioned it was free, so nothing lost but your time. I hope your mom will make a full recovery 🙏

Back