I will just leave this here

I’ve mostly give up on Craigslist, I don’t think I’ve ever received a response from any inquiries into used grills. I even went by the thought, if it’s been up an over a week don’t even send a message.

I use OfferUp the most by far in both of my areas. Facebook and Craigslist are pretty even after that. Also strangely I have found a couple local neighborhood pages that I have sold grills for some of my highest profits. This one is called Nextdoor. Not sure if you have it in your area but might be worth a shot or look for one similar in your area. Maybe not if you're far out from a metro area.Screenshot_20240926_041007_Finder.jpg

I love nextdoor unfortunately I seldom see grills on there. The people from my local Sun City use it often. However, I did see this on there last month for $50 but it sold before I could come up with the money.

View attachment 100719
Yeah stuff goes quick there. I can't remember if I've ever picked anything up but I've had luck selling. I think I may have got a free redhead from there.

When I was in Florida 4 years ago, OfferUp had emerged as the top way to buy and sell. Here in central Indiana, OfferUp is pretty much dead, although I did get a great score on a 1974 Weber Kettle still in the box. It had been listed for months. Craigslist has some activity here, but FBM dominates everything.

I do agree that I should pursue some of the local buy/sell/yardsale groups of which we have several.

I have had no success selling grills on the FB special interest groups. Lots of complements, but no buyers!

When I was in Florida 4 years ago, OfferUp had emerged as the top way to buy and sell. Here in central Indiana, OfferUp is pretty much dead, although I did get a great score on a 1974 Weber Kettle still in the box. It had been listed for months. Craigslist has some activity here, but FBM dominates everything.

I do agree that I should pursue some of the local buy/sell/yardsale groups of which we have several.

I have had no success selling grills on the FB special interest groups. Lots of complements, but no buyers!
Did you sell that red sidewinder w/ black trim, with the SS bottom? I ask because it came up in one of my searches earlier this year.

Yeah stuff goes quick there. I can't remember if I've ever picked anything up but I've had luck selling. I think I may have got a free redhead from there.
I have sold about 30 rehabs this summer and listed all of them on Next Door. I never even got an inquiry off Next Door.
And I have never seen another grill even posted there. Just like Offer Up, it is pretty worthless unless you live in an urban area.

Will the lid from this grill fit a Silver B? Would the lid fit the end caps from a Silver B as long as they are for a curved lid?

1727374154263.jpeg

That was a nice unit! Haven't come across any sidewinder yet that was a worthy candidate for a flip. Which is a bummer because I have a NIB smoker box w/ SS grate for one!
I have chosen to not do anything but x000 Genesis, "Fat frame" Genesis, and maybe once in a long while a 1st generation or 2nd generation (Platinum only) Summit.

If I get to semi-retire in a couple years and decide to do 300s again, I will only do that if I can get a run of stainless bottom and backs made at a realistic price. Without that, those grills are too susceptible to rusting out again after working hard to restore. New stainless panels make that a simple part swap. I had a small run my friend in Florida made for me, but that grill had my last set. It was going to be another keeper, but I finally realized that I just can't keep EVERYTHING!!!

I found a nice shop nearby me that has the specialized cutting equipment and was willing to make a run of those panels at a fairly realistic price. I don't remember the specifics, because I couldn't come up with a realistic way for several of us to go in together. Shipping makes something like that impossible.

I saw that listing, it looks like a decent specimen! Base looks pretty good! I can check when I get home. I have a B sitting right next to its twin. I do think the end caps and lid are different, but their mounting dimensions look very close sitting side by side.

I have chosen to not do anything but x000 Genesis, "Fat frame" Genesis, and maybe once in a long while a 1st generation or 2nd generation (Platinum only) Summit.

If I get to semi-retire in a couple years and decide to do 300s again, I will only do that if I can get a run of stainless bottom and backs made at a realistic price. Without that, those grills are too susceptible to rusting out again after working hard to restore. New stainless panels make that a simple part swap. I had a small run my friend in Florida made for me, but that grill had my last set. It was going to be another keeper, but I finally realized that I just can't keep EVERYTHING!!!

I found a nice shop nearby me that has the specialized cutting equipment and was willing to make a run of those panels at a fairly realistic price. I don't remember the specifics, because I couldn't come up with a realistic way for several of us to go in together. Shipping makes something like that impossible.

Have you found that the drip pan holders tend to go to crap as well? The models with the offset grease trays almost always seem to have issues. What we need to do is figure out a "meet halfway" day, on a corridor from Indiana. Someone meets you in Bloomington, I meet them near Rockford, Bruce meets me near Madison, Mark meets him in Tomah. It would be a crazy exchange of legal goods hahaha

Cody, there are some very preliminary talks about having another Midwest Weber Grill Meet again next fall. We had the last one in NE Illinois about three years ago. It was a lot of work to organize everything, but we had about 16 people attend. We did swap parts, exchange ideas and had plenty of BBQ going on. It was a fun time. There seems to be a lot of active members now in the CHicago, area as well as Wisconsin and Michigan. Having another meet might be a great idea.

Here is a link to where I posted some photos of the last one. Feel free to read through the whole thread though.

Back