I will just leave this here

A friend gave me an all ss SP320 in very good shape, similar to the one pictured below. The drip pan holder and grease tray are the only really bad pieces. Has anyone ever tried a silver B grease tray and drip pan in one of these?

Those lids also look kinda cool on the silver b’s… little bit of a hybrid look!
I changed my wife’s Spirit grease tray and pan over to a Silver B on. I think I had to shorten the rails which was an easy fix

I did have to outboard the tank which was a little work since the Spirits of that vintage don’t use a tank scale

I changed my wife’s Spirit grease tray and pan over to a Silver B on. I think I had to shorten the rails which was an easy fix

I did have to outboard the tank which was a little work since the Spirits of that vintage don’t use a tank scale

That was kind of what I was thinking. Anyone know what those square tubing nut inserts are called? The kind that allow you to put a crossbrace in? I don't think the side panels on those spirits are beefy enough to hang a scale to sheet metal. Or would anyone have a link to them?

$2000 firm price. Honestly I hope he finds a buyer at $2K. I'd maybe add a drip pan and quality SS grates and new warming rack and clean the lid.... Personally I feel like the value of these old grills is in this range when done right but I don't think market value reflects/supports the value I feel for these old Webers.
Screenshot_20240822_092905_OfferUp.jpg

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/pLwS3wX0gMb

$2000 firm price. Honestly I hope he finds a buyer at $2K. I'd maybe add a drip pan and quality SS grates and new warming rack and clean the lid.... Personally I feel like the value of these old grills is in this range when done right but I don't think market value reflects/supports the value I feel for these old Webers.
View attachment 98561

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/pLwS3wX0gMb
Not wishing him bad. Even in California, though, that isn't going to happen. Fully restored in every possible way, I still don't think a buyer would pay that much. His isn't even all cleaned up.

Don't see these often in my area
That LX 640 is the only LX I don't have. I have the 240, 340 and 440. As far as new Webers go those are my personal favorite. With the high+Sear incorporated into each burner and quite a few other options that the regular Genesis didn't get. It often gets mistaken for a low model because it doesn't have a separate sear station.

Back