I will just leave this here

Could be a little more refined… but I think this dude is onto something

That is one option, I've also considered converting a sidewinder to a built-in. IMO, the the top half of the sidewinder was a high point in the refinement of the Genesis series (aside from the 13 bar cookbox). Only downside is the internals are unique to the sidewinders, so fewer parts options.

The way those sidewinder frames were designed and fabricated, the side tables almost never suffer from the 'dropsies' (as Bruce calls it), and table ends are aluminum. The stainless steel is very good quality, and the cook-boxes were of decent thickness. The lower cabinet was the big weak spot.

I had a guy that listed a Silver B, 43 weeks ago for $80. After it sat for about a month, and being during the winter, I was bored and offered $20. He didn't respond. It sat all winter and this spring I offered $20 again. Again, I got no response. This past weekend he changed it to "All offers considered", needs to be picked up by 8/19. I picked it up for $20 yesterday.
I was wondering where that went. Looked like a good candidate for a rehab

I was just talking to a guy on Facebook from LA California. Greg Pinch he said he used to be on here about 5 years ago when he lived in Toronto. Anyways he wants to build another 13 bar Weber x000. He's going to resign up over here.

Any of you California guys know of any excellent x000 Webers available for a high quality restoration?

This is his old one that he built and sold when he moved from Toronto to LA

Screenshot_20240820_104645_Samsung Internet.jpg

I was just talking to a guy on Facebook from LA California. Greg Pinch he said he used to be on here about 5 years ago when he lived in Toronto. Anyways he wants to build another 13 bar Weber x000. He's going to resign up over here.

Any of you California guys know of any excellent x000 Webers available for a high quality restoration?

View attachment 98474

I likely have one, but I'm 8 hours from LA

A friend gave me an all ss SP320 in very good shape, similar to the one pictured below. The drip pan holder and grease tray are the only really bad pieces. Has anyone ever tried a silver B grease tray and drip pan in one of these?

Those lids also look kinda cool on the silver b’s… little bit of a hybrid look!

Attachments

• IMG_7313.jpeg
    IMG_7313.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7311.jpeg
    IMG_7311.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 5

View attachment 98474
I am the guy down in Los Angeles that restored this one, and now is looking for another project :)

A friend gave me an all ss SP320 in very good shape, similar to the one pictured below. The drip pan holder and grease tray are the only really bad pieces. Has anyone ever tried a silver B grease tray and drip pan in one of these?

Those lids also look kinda cool on the silver b’s… little bit of a hybrid look!
Can't imagine it would not work

Back