I will just leave this here

Please explain. A pic would be helpful.
A guy listed a fat frame Platinum Series II for 150 bucks.
He posted 2 pictures, I was wanting the 2 rear panels for my fat frame Platinum, he sent me a picture of the rear panels, they were rust free.
So far, so good, the red lid looked great, didn't think to ask him for pictures of it.
Drove a hour and a half and when I looked at the rear of the lid, I about cried.
A big spot where the porcelain was gone, went back home empty handed.
Had the guy been honest and posted a picture of the bad spot on the lid, I would of never left the house.
I learned a valuable lesson right then and there.
GET PICTURES

A guy listed a fat frame Platinum Series II for 150 bucks.
He posted 2 pictures, I was wanting the 2 rear panels for my fat frame Platinum, he sent me a picture of the rear panels, they were rust free.
So far, so good, the red lid looked great, didn't think to ask him for pictures of it.
Drove a hour and a half and when I looked at the rear of the lid, I about cried.
A big spot where the porcelain was gone, went back home empty handed.
Had the guy been honest and posted a picture or the bad spot on the lid, I would of never left the house.
I learned a valuable lesson right then and there.
I'm always expecting to get burned on a deal like that. Surprisingly hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will.

Sorry it happened to you Mark. That sucks

Definitely a bummer, but I guess online sales can be the wild west sometimes. So sorry for your wasted time on that, Mark!

Last edited:
I was scoping out a Green deep box with durawood this weekend, had been listed 10 minutes away for over a week. I asked for more detailed pics, and was ghosted. It is still listed.

I always like the, "came with house and need gone" "hasn't been used is X years" "always kept indoors" (while pictured on a deck), tend to be my red flags. Doesn't stop me from sending a message, but I have little faith in those listings.

As a seller I've done that but only when I've literally shot dozens of pics and I am in a position of practically giving the merch away
Right on. But that is not the norm for most of the grills I pick up which are older grills and many have just one photo of the front of the grill with the lid closed. I wish more of those sellers were like you. All of my rehab listings give at least 10 photos.

I was scoping out a Green deep box with durawood this weekend, had been listed 10 minutes away for over a week. I asked for more detailed pics, and was ghosted. It is still listed.

I always like the, "came with house and need gone" "hasn't been used is X years" "always kept indoors" (while pictured on a deck), tend to be my red flags. Doesn't stop me from sending a message, but I have little faith in those listings.
There's one for sale near me too. Doesn't look too bad.

I had a guy that listed a Silver B, 43 weeks ago for $80. After it sat for about a month, and being during the winter, I was bored and offered $20. He didn't respond. It sat all winter and this spring I offered $20 again. Again, I got no response. This past weekend he changed it to "All offers considered", needs to be picked up by 8/19. I picked it up for $20 yesterday.

Back