I will just leave this here

Josh: I haven't forgot about posting a photo of my gray lid. I just have to go out back to the shed and grab it.
Here you go josh. It was dirt and grime covered, but I got it cleaned up and I was amazed at just how nice it looks. To my color blind eyes it almost looks like a light blue, but I am sure it is the standard light gray or whatever weber calls it. I also grabbed the old first year burnt orange lid that I had and cleaned it up. It has some chipping around the edges, but nothing that would show with end caps on it. It has what looks kind of like a weber fade in it with tiny light dots all over, but they are very uniform and even on the back of the lid. It looks really kind of cool. I wonder if the whitish dots were considered a flaw by Weber and that is why they seem to have only used that color in the first year of Genesis grills.

I also found this Platinum lid that I had forgotten I had. It is black and looks to have zero weber fade. However, I did not clean that one up. Those are my unique lids aside from all the other normal colors.IMG_20240823_130105.jpgIMG_20240823_130150.jpgIMG_20240823_130348.jpgIMG_20240823_130427.jpgIMG_20240823_130443.jpgIMG_20240823_114541.jpg

Samuel, I am not sure. I hate to slap them on a basic flip grill as most buyers would not realize the significance or appreciate them like I feel they should. I have been just storing them for over 5 years. I don't really dabble in the Genesis 1-5 or 1000-5000 grills much any more so putting them back on a era and model correct grill are slim. I have a Skyline lid on my Franken grill and am thinking one of these would be a good alternative to that.

BTW, I admire your ability and dedication to restore those old-old grills as well as you do. Are those both keeper grills?

I also have this lid that I had forgotten about but found when I was digging the others out. I don't think it has any fade at all and since it would go on a SS Platinum frame, it would be semi-authentic. I wish it was a different color though. I am tired of black.

IMG_20240823_114541.jpg

BTW, I admire your ability and dedication to restore those old-old grills as well as you do. Are those both keeper grills?
Thanks,
But those are not mine and not my work. When I find a grill like I save the pics for inspiration. I try to post the owner in the name I save the file in if I have it. You may or may see it if you download the file but I do not know. I guess I should state they are not mine when I post but doing that just gets old. I do not mean to steal anyone's glory only to site an example.

5000: Owner @Mark AU
Burnt Orange: Owner is Unknown

Last edited:
Here you go josh. It was dirt and grime covered, but I got it cleaned up and I was amazed at just how nice it looks. To my color blind eyes it almost looks like a light blue, but I am sure it is the standard light gray or whatever weber calls it. I also grabbed the old first year burnt orange lid that I had and cleaned it up. It has some chipping around the edges, but nothing that would show with end caps on it. It has what looks kind of like a weber fade in it with tiny light dots all over, but they are very uniform and even on the back of the lid. It looks really kind of cool. I wonder if the whitish dots were considered a flaw by Weber and that is why they seem to have only used that color in the first year of Genesis grills.

I also found this Platinum lid that I had forgotten I had. It is black and looks to have zero weber fade. However, I did not clean that one up. Those are my unique lids aside from all the other normal colors.View attachment 98623View attachment 98624View attachment 98625View attachment 98626View attachment 98627View attachment 98628
Wow that's awesome Bruce thanks for sharing!! I just got back from taking my daughter out for birthday lunch. I like that gray lid Alot!! That black one is really cool too!

I also have this lid that I had forgotten about but found when I was digging the others out. I don't think it has any fade at all and since it would go on a SS Platinum frame, it would be semi-authentic. I wish it was a different color though. I am tired of black.

View attachment 98643
If you were close to me I'd offer to buy the gray lid for sure and the black lid also. I have so many red lid I don't even know how many.

Back