I will just leave this here

The one I just missed Screenshot_20240727_172732_Samsung Internet~2.jpg
This grill with a high level restoration would have been my top grill but I already have the grill exactly except the lid isn't Platinum.

I love my grill and it's honestly my favorite grill in either configuration. I wouldn't trade it for any other grill. It will be interesting to see if I can build one I like more. It was the perfect grill to start with so that helped being almost perfect and like new before I started. I feel very lucky that I found exactly what I was looking for.

Screenshot_20240820_025937_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20240820_025918_Photos.jpg
I think I'm going back to original and Using this wood on a different grill.

The one I just missed View attachment 98678
This grill with a high level restoration would have been my top grill but I already have the grill exactly except the lid isn't Platinum.

I love my grill and it's honestly my favorite grill in either configuration. I wouldn't trade it for any other grill. It will be interesting to see if I can build one I like more. It was the perfect grill to start with so that helped being almost perfect and like new before I started. I feel very lucky that I found exactly what I was looking for.

View attachment 98679View attachment 98680
I think I'm going back to original and Using this wood on a different grill.
That one did deserve to live on in its original configuration.

Are you going to keep the right side table? If you are, I have 5 brand new durawood slats I would be willing to part with.
Thank you! I'm not sure but I may take you up on that. I kinda like it just like it is in the picture above. With the external appearance of exactly how it came from Weber. With the highest quality SS under the lid.

What's everyone’s holy Grail grill?
I respect and appreciate the authenticity and era correct restorations. However my ultimate dream grill has a Blue lid. First generation Genesis lid style. Not a big fan of the curved lids, or the center bezel thermometers. That blue lid (with or without pinstripes) wearing silver powder coated end caps, sitting in a deep box tucked neatly into a platinum SS frame with a sideburner and those gorgeous platinum tables, folding tables left and right. I can see it in my brain and it’s my ultimate elixir to curb my Weberitis. Won’t cure it, but that is my personal holy grail.

I respect and appreciate the authenticity and era correct restorations. However my ultimate dream grill has a Blue lid. First generation Genesis lid style. Not a big fan of the curved lids, or the center bezel thermometers. That blue lid (with or without pinstripes) wearing silver powder coated end caps, sitting in a deep box tucked neatly into a platinum SS frame with a sideburner and those gorgeous platinum tables, folding tables left and right. I can see it in my brain and it’s my ultimate elixir to curb my Weberitis. Won’t cure it, but that is my personal holy grail.
Very cool Cody! Thank you for sharing. At some point you will build this grill. I can't wait to see your vision.

Back