I will just leave this here

What's everyone’s holy Grail grill?
The term Holy Grail has evolved into a moving target of Weber unicorns for me…1000 redhead, Platinum C, CharQ, Flame fireplace, Vieluxe, glass door 3400, 1st Gen Performer, etc. As I have acquired each one, another has moved to the top of the want list. What I’ve learned is that none of them hold any more revered space in my arsenal or my heart than any other. I guess it’s more about the restoration than the use of the finished project for me as I still do 75% or more of my outdoor cooking on a Q gasser. I’m just as likely to sell any of the above on a moment’s notice. There is a Fire Magic Echelon series grill that has held my eye for quite some time, though. The dollars will never make sense enough to pull the trigger even with the availability of a dealer discount at my disposal.

The term Holy Grail has evolved into a moving target of Weber unicorns for me…1000 redhead, Platinum C, CharQ, Flame fireplace, Vieluxe, glass door 3400, 1st Gen Performer, etc. As I have acquired each one, another has moved to the top of the want list. What I’ve learned is that none of them hold any more revered space in my arsenal or my heart than any other. I guess it’s more about the restoration than the use of the finished project for me as I still do 75% or more of my outdoor cooking on a Q gasser. I’m just as likely to sell any of the above on a moment’s notice. There is a Fire Magic Echelon series grill that has held my eye for quite some time, though. The dollars will never make sense enough to pull the trigger even with the availability of a dealer discount at my disposal.
That all sounds amazing Tom! I like seeing your projects and I can totally understand where you're coming from. The process / transformation on these grills is a big part of my enjoyment/passion for these. I do have attachment to my 1000 LX though. I could never sell that one at any price. If I found somebody that loved it more than I did I'd consider donating it but that's not likely. I appreciate variety also. My version of variety is a little bit more limited to the x000 grills but I still like my Genesis ii LX grills for daily use. Time will tell if I switch those out. I always like to keep an open mind in life too so who knows what the future will bring.

@Bruce that gray lid is definitely on my list. If I can't find one I might try to figure out how I can purchase that one from you if it's still for sale at that point. I don't think I have anything that you want or need. Maybe my Black Silver B lid with black handle and single white pin strips? They don't seem to be very common but I don't know much about Silver B.

@Paul Warner I somehow have really good luck finding what I'm looking for but if I can't I will pursue trying to purchase your Green Platinum lid if it's still available at that point. If you have any idea how much purchase plus shipping would be. I'd be interested in a ballpark figure on price?

Last edited:
Josh, I have no immediate plans for that gray lid. I am going to put the Platinum Black lid on my Frankengrill.

I guess my unicorn lid would probably be a Blue Platinum.

The term Holy Grail has evolved into a moving target of Weber unicorns for me…

That is a good point. when I resurrected my E330 I thought I was done, dead set on that being the best grill I had. Then when the Weberitis really started taking a much firmer hold, more reading, more experience and all the insight from this forum, I realized the Genesis 2 I have tucked away in the corner, is among the best grills Weber ever built (in my opinion). I would gladly slap a blue top on it (once I give it the treatment it deserves) and use it for the next 15-20 years, and hopefully hand it down for the next generation.

It looks like this guy simply hooked his Performer up to a 20lb LP tank with a garden hose or something.

1724534266627.png

Another Summit Disaster.
Looks to be a NG grill that probably just had the hose changed to LP. That cabinet is pretty bad, but typical of what you find often around here.

@Bruce that gray lid is definitely on my list. If I can't find one I might try to figure out how I can purchase that one from you if it's still for sale at that point. I don't think I have anything that you want or need. Maybe my Black Silver B lid with black handle and single white pin strips? They don't seem to be very common but I don't know much about Silver B.

@Paul Warner I somehow have really good luck finding what I'm looking for but if I can't I will pursue trying to purchase your Green Platinum lid if it's still available at that point. If you have any idea how much purchase plus shipping would be. I'd be interested in a ballpark figure on price?
Hi Josh, $150 inc shipping, thanks

So mildly considering grabbing a Genesis Junior near me in Arizona. Trying to run through what I could possibly need for this project. Not trying to make this place into a rehab site like my Washington house.

Anyways I was looking at aftermarket QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS Grates for x000 Genesis and cutting them down and I Noticed Spirit ii 200 series grates are the same 17 1/2" deep and are 20 1/2" wide. With Junior grates being 17 1/2" x 20 5/8. Now I don't like my grates to fit sloppy but 1/8" shorter seems reasonable. Especially side to side. Front to back measurement would be more critical I would imagine considering the edge it sits on

So my question is has anyone tried this?
Cheaper no cut no waste option?

I'm trying to find another Genesis ii LX 240 NG for Arizona otherwise a Genesis Junior but the JR will need to be converted to natural gas and probably need some parts upgraded.

Greg is also looking for a Genesis ii LX 240 LP in Los Angeles

Last edited:
So mildly considering grabbing a Genesis Junior near me in Arizona. Trying to run through what I could possibly need for this project. Not trying to make this place into a rehab site like my Washington house.

Anyways I was looking at aftermarket QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS Grates for x000 Genesis and cutting them down and I Noticed Spirit ii 200 series grates are the same 17 1/2" deep and are 20 1/2" wide. With Junior grates being 17 1/2" x 20 5/8. Now I don't like my grates to fit sloppy but 1/8" shorter seems reasonable. Especially side to side. Front to back measurement would be more critical I would imagine considering the edge it sits on

So my question is has anyone tried this?
Cheaper no cut no waste option?

I'm trying to find another Genesis ii LX 240 NG for Arizona otherwise a Genesis Junior but the JR will need to be converted to natural gas and probably need some parts upgraded.

Greg is also looking for a Genesis ii LX 240 LP in Los Angeles
I know of a mint jr for sale

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpeg
    IMG_1425.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 11

Back