I will just leave this here

Not sure on your question Larry. But, it does look like the right hand shelf got bent down pretty good. Still worth somewhere between $1000 and Free though.
If I had space I'd grab it and flip it on the spring. Probably get a good return on investment 😂

I have a green L L Bean kettle lid but haven't found any reference to it. I wonder how many logo varieties they've made.

Yah, I was at the dealer last week getting some work done on my daughters car. I checked about a dozen or so Chevy 2024 trucks. Cheapest was $69K and a couple were over $95K. My 2013 does me just fine. But, at 197K miles, I don't know how much longer it will last.
Even if you spent 10k to get it refreshed you would still be way ahead. My friend who has a F150 same mileage trans just went bad don't remember the year but its the large cab don't know anything about trucks. His brother rebuilds these things so he shipped it to him new tranny will go over the engine if it needs to be rebuilt so be it probably 10k but since we are in the South probably get another 10 years or more out of it no rust issues down here.

The trans would not be 10k obviously but he is thinking of having the motor done also but they will juice that up a bit.

Last edited:
I agree Brian, but up here the rust monster is just as bad as the mileage monster. The truck runs great, but it has the red cancer like a lot of the cabinet Genesis grills do. The truck will likely fail from rust on critical areas before the motor or transmission goes out.

I agree Brian, but up here the rust monster is just as bad as the mileage monster. The truck runs great, but it has the red cancer like a lot of the cabinet Genesis grills do. The truck will likely fail from rust on critical areas before the motor or transmission goes out.
I would have thought and again I am from the south that the rust problems have mostly gone away even where you live. Since I have lived here though and I am from Boston bought maybe 4 used cars in Atlanta all found on Autotrader I never considered a car used that was not from the south.

Brian, I bought my truck new in 2013, two years later, the frame was full of rust. Sure, there are ways to mitigate rust up here to some degree, but it is costly and often has to be done periodically. Another problem is that once it starts getting to where the high is 20 degrees up here, you can't really send your vehicle through the car was to get all the road salt off it. And it can be 20 or below for days or even weeks straight without really getting above the 20 degree mark. If you do try to wash it, the freezing moisture trapped everywhere plays hell on the truck parts too. And good luck opening your doors the next morning.

I would have thought and again I am from the south that the rust problems have mostly gone away even where you live. Since I have lived here though and I am from Boston bought maybe 4 used cars in Atlanta all found on Autotrader I never considered a car used that was not from the south.
I flew to Atlanta to buy my old pickup. All the old pickups in Indiana look like they have been shot with rust bullets all the way down their lower sides.

Pretty tough to beat this price for a bone in Ribeye. I bought one last month and cooked it on the Genesis. Turned out awesome. I am going to grab another one this week. THis is Aldis grocery stores by the way.

1702482923497.png

Back