I will just leave this here

There was a black 500 with that logo for sale near me earlier this year. It was in rough shape and they wanted $75. The logo looked huge on that smaller lid.

Stranger to me is the fact that the Jack Daniels logo is on a green platinum series lid instead of a plain black lid like you might expect from a logo grill.

No, they are getting harder to find. They only made them for a couple years. Apparently not popular, but I personally love the design. Some don’t like the center placement of the vent. I like the front opening with special handle. The holder in back can, however, scratch your lid like all Weber lid bales.

Lid is not original, it has the dropsies bad and the bottom panel in the cabinet has been removed and replaced. Still, the core grill is a great one. But not at $200.

Lid is not original, it has the dropsies bad and the bottom panel in the cabinet has been removed and replaced. Still, the core grill is a great one. But not at $200.
All true. I thought the doors could be adjusted on these? And I thought the door was simply slightly open on this example

By "Dropsies", I was referring to the side tables. On the platinum SS grills, the welds in the frame extensions almost always break which lends to them sagging down. This causes them to be out of level, plus it causes the swing tables to hit the frame in the down position. And you are right, the doors are not adjustable. At least not inherantly. They can be adjusted with modification however. That is something that Weber changed with the later generation E3xx grills.

They can be fixed with replacing the broken welds on the inserts with bolts. Or, they can be welded. I think a piece of tubing would work, but it would have to be bolted in as well. It would have to be a piece of tubing inside the frame though...otherwise, the top tables wouldn't fit right.

Back