I will just leave this here

So my one kid just bought a beach house two blocks from ours. They've bought new furniture and such but will definitely need a grill.
I was looking at restoring this one. Even if it needs a new igniter and internals, it looks like it would clean up well. Any known trouble areas?
Frame and welds look solid. I'd spring for new internals...SS grates and flavorizers, etc...
What year and model is this?

Last edited:
Early silver B with double drop tables a really good candidate. 2000-01.
Looking a bit closer, that chip in the center of the lid lip is concerning. It appears rusted already...and I can't really tell if that's a green lid or black. Black I could work with as it'd be the same high heat paint as the side caps....green, no. I'm estimating about $130 for new parts assuming the drip pan is ok.

Decided to pass. I'm told we already bought too much for housewarming and that the demand for our services(babysitting included) will be significant come spring...carpentry, plumbing, etc...

That is an excellent grill for rehabbing. One big caution is the left side cross member where the cook box bolts onto it. Some of them rust out really bad there. From the photos, yours looks good though. Even if it is shot, it is fixable if you are handy at all. Check the drip pan under the cook box and the rails. The pan and the rails tend to rust out on some and can be a problem as well. None of that would dissuade me from picking that up for a rehab though. He has had it listed for six weeks. I would offer $25. If it is still available, they guy would probably give it away at this point to make room in his garage for the winter.

That is an excellent grill for rehabbing. One big caution is the left side cross member where the cook box bolts onto it. Some of them rust out really bad there. From the photos, yours looks good though. Even if it is shot, it is fixable if you are handy at all. Check the drip pan under the cook box and the rails. The pan and the rails tend to rust out on some and can be a problem as well. None of that would dissuade me from picking that up for a rehab though. He has had it listed for six weeks. I would offer $25. If it is still available, they guy would probably give it away at this point to make room in his garage for the winter.
Yeah. I initially offered $30 and she accepted immediately. It looked decent and well within my scope to restore. No cabinet is a plus at the beach. I figured I'd be throwing close to $150 all in. But as mentioned, we've already spent 3xs that thus far and they are by no means a struggling young family.

Yep, do it when the time is right for you. It will be fun instead of an inconvenient chore.
Good point,Sir. A lot of things happening with Christmas approaching. March is a perfect month for such a project. I'll definitely keep looking. We utilize sort of a barter system with my daughter. We babysit and I help out with handyman type stuff because my son-in-law is clueless in that realm and my daughter provides us free dental care(within reason)😄. Seems to work out. A nicely restored Weber would cover a replacement crown if need be.😉

I would go for a crown and a cleaning.
The cleanings 2x/ year for my wife and I...no discussion. There's lab fees with crowns so that's an an expense...I get that.
Hopefully not too many crowns in the near future.
Also, I regret having her watch the movie Marathon Man with me when she was much younger 😂.

Back