I will just leave this here

That Skyline has all the bits and pieces should be a good find. The Platinum. Those are not hooks they're the tabs usually glued on the glass that have fallen off

So did I. I have the exact same grill except for the cabinetry. Thought it was a 4000, but it’s not because of the lack of flame check. So I call it a 4000ish.
But this is all an assumption by a hobbyist. I could be wrong. My wife tells me I’m wrong all of the time.

Yeah I thought the flame check was just something that Webber discontinued on all grills after a while

This guy kills me. he picks up all the cheap or free grills, and within a day its been "cleaned top to bottom" which means spray painted to hide the rust or has plywood for the really bad bottom panels, Claims to have new components but almost always are poorly prepped and spray painted. He always lists them for more than could ever be reasonable. He sprays this inside of the cook boxes, the flavor bars, poorly sprays black paint over rust and oxidation.

Last edited:
They must be, he's got so many on hand he numbers his listings, I can see he's sold several. its' very frustrating because he gotten some nice ones he'll probably get good money for, then a bunch of junk he somehow still sell. Nearly every one he sells has paint on the flavor bars and paint over the carbon on the inside. It's pretty bad.

Last edited:
Same here, only seen pics but they do look like stops or catches for the glass doors.
They are the stops and the catches in one. They clip over the bottom square frame, so the glass door stays in place when closed.
Did the 3400 have the 'smoke and chips' device, or the serving tray, as per the 5000?

Back