I will just leave this here

This guy just needs to stop "cleaning" and refurbing Weber grills. The painted misfit flavorizer bars are going to hurt someone.
This guy kills me. he picks up all the cheap or free grills, and within a day its been "cleaned top to bottom" which means spray painted to hide the rust or has plywood for the really bad bottom panels, Claims to have new components but almost always are poorly prepped and spray painted. He always lists them for more than could ever be reasonable. He sprays this inside of the cook boxes, the flavor bars, poorly sprays black paint over rust and oxidation.
They must be, he's got so many on hand he numbers his listings, I can see he's sold several. its' very frustrating because he gotten some nice ones he'll probably get good money for, then a bunch of junk he somehow still sell. Nearly every one he sells has paint on the flavor bars and paint over the carbon on the inside. It's pretty bad.
Wow. Needs to be reported. And charged. Or at least stopped. All the people who got grills from him need to..
It reminds me of the people who sell kitchen cutting boards and other furniture made from reclaimed/recycled pallet wood. Who knows whether those pallets were used to transport leaky 50 gallon drums of concentrated pesticides? If the buyers get cancer, it will happen years after they disposed the item in the trash. They will never know the root cause of their illness. Sad, really.

The end caps really are not worth all that much. They are pretty common really. Dave is probably pretty good with his estimate.

It reminds me of the people who sell kitchen cutting boards and other furniture made from reclaimed/recycled pallet wood. Who knows whether those pallets were used to transport leaky 50 gallon drums of concentrated pesticides? If the buyers get cancer, it will happen years after they disposed the item in the trash. They will never know the root cause of their illness. Sad, really.
A little OT, but even "clean" pallets could be dangerous. Here's more than you wanted or needed to know about pallets:
https://www.1001pallets.com/pallet-safety/

Even if perfectly restored, that price is out in dreamland. I wish it wasn’t though. Hopefully he enjoys looking at it, because he will be for years to come.

Hey folks - quick question about my genesis 1000 restoration. Does anyone know what size of screws are used to hold on the grease tray rails? I tried pretty much all the SAE machine screw sizes, and none of them were correct. I already had to drill and re-tap two of the ones that broke on removal, so I could do that for all of them, but hoping to save some time...

Hey folks - quick question about my genesis 1000 restoration. Does anyone know what size of screws are used to hold on the grease tray rails? I tried pretty much all the SAE machine screw sizes, and none of them were correct. I already had to drill and re-tap two of the ones that broke on removal, so I could do that for all of them, but hoping to save some time...
Bet someone at Weber would be able to tell you.........

I would probably just retap the two remaining holes at this point and then all four of the screws will be the same.

I would probably just retap the two remaining holes at this point and then all four of the screws will be the same.
Definitely an option, but as they are not visible, I don't care too much about the screws matching. So I figured I'd rather retain the original threads, to keep as much of the posts as I can.

Definitely an option, but as they are not visible, I don't care too much about the screws matching. So I figured I'd rather retain the original threads, to keep as much of the posts as I can.
Gotcha. How about ordering a new set of rails, which comes with new screws? Screenshot_20220614-162827_Chrome.jpg

Stainless steel all the way for me. The new thick coated porcelain CI ones don’t seem to last long before it is flaking off. Replaced the original ones on my Q3200 after only five years and I babied them to get that long out of them. Non coated well seasoned CI is an option but they do require maintenance.

Back