I will just leave this here

The Weber Kettles are flooding the FB market place by me. I am still waiting for couple smokin' Genesis listings.

Not too many people selling ceramic kamado type grills cheap. This is a kind of knock-off idea made out of some kind of heat resistant material to bring the concept at a lot lower price. Not saying it doesn’t work. If you have interest in a ceramic version of something like this your best hope is to find a used one from someone besides Green Egg and probably Primo. They are the top brands and hold their value well.

I was fortunate enough to have my old boss give me a Green Egg. It IS an amazing charcoal grill and is really hard to beat for doing pork shoulders. But for the large outlay you get a rather small amount of grilling space.

Yah, I am certainly passing on that one. I didn't know anything about them but did notice what I thought was a killer price. Like you said, it is a knock off like a charbroil is to a Weber. PASS!

It's not just the material but the weight and thickness. Chefs know that there is an advantage to using stainless skillets to brown food. Depending on what you're doing it works even as well or better than cast iron. Plus it's easy to care for. So if the weight and mass of those stainless grates is equal or close the the CI ones they should do a great job. Not sure I can spare the coin right now. $$$$$ flying outta this house like water over Niagara!

The Weber Kettles are flooding the FB market place by me. I am still waiting for couple smokin' Genesis listings.

Keep your eyes open for an old one with metal handles. The Weber Kettle People will probably beat you to it, but these once in a while pop up cheap and have resale potential. If you ever see an avocado one let me know!

Wow, the Chinese "disposable" grills are hitting FB Marketplace hard right now. Most are free curbside pickups.

Not too many people selling ceramic kamado type grills cheap. This is a kind of knock-off idea made out of some kind of heat resistant material to bring the concept at a lot lower price. Not saying it doesn’t work. If you have interest in a ceramic version of something like this your best hope is to find a used one from someone besides Green Egg and probably Primo. They are the top brands and hold their value well.

I was fortunate enough to have my old boss give me a Green Egg. It IS an amazing charcoal grill and is really hard to beat for doing pork shoulders. But for the large outlay you get a rather small amount of grilling space.

Here is an example of what I was talking about. A Visions kamado grill asking $395. Not cheap, but not much more than half of what you would have to pay for a similar Green Egg and probably Primo as well. I can't say anything about Visions per se, but I am sure it is perfectly adequate.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/hsh/d/riverview-vision-ceramic-grill/6835708099.html

Jon, this Sunbeam has your name all over it.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/272637130331025/

Surprisingly, this old grill looks to be in fine shape. I do not know much about these,
but I have to think this was likely the top of the line.

Dave,

G Schafer posted a picture of the manual and advertisement for this Sunbeam (Look on page 4)

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?76...beam-MUSCLE-GRILL!!!!/page4&highlight=sunbeam

As I said there, it looks like this was Sunbeam's attempt to keep up with Weber. Many styling cues from the Genesis, not the least of which is the sloped hood. Even the cart and tray set-up reminds you of a Genesis. Not all that bad looking, but definitely a pretender compared to a Weber Genesis.

I guess it wasn't enough for Sunbeam, because they went under in the early 90s.

I contacted the guy to see if it was still available.
I was going to offer $20 just for the heck of it, but
he needs it gone by Thursday. No way I can be there
before Saturday though.

I'm wondering what's up with that rotisserie I posted a while ago. It's still listed.

Check out this Weber gas BBQ rotisserie #9890 for $25 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/i2UlwWNpdV

I haven't messaged the guy since my first dealings with him. And I still don't plan to. But by now I'm surprised someone hasn't done a local pickup for it. I understand if shipping cost was a factor, and that's what happened to me originally. But why wouldn't someone have picked it up by now. Something's up with that lasting do long for that price.

Unless it did sell and the listing was never removed. I already tried with the seller and like I said, I'm not going to again. I just keep seeing the listing and it makes me wonder.

I am not as sure what I think. This is a very different animal than a gas grill. I bet if it were classic high heat flat black you would see it differently. Looks like potentially a fairly heavy built smoker. Maybe they thought red would make it stand out.

I think that Weber’s successful use of color on their hoods was the result of them being porcelain costed steel. The same colors when applied to cast aluminum or like here on heavy steel don’t work nearly as well to my taste. That’s one reason I changed the one Broilmaster I did from green to black. Then the buyer for my last one wanted blue, and I wasn’t especially thrilled with how it looked. Now if a Weber blue hood would come my way that would be totally different.

Back