I will just leave this here

That one is pretty interesting. I hope they have one at my Costco the next time I make the trip to go there.

There are some things to like, for sure. Not only are burners 304, but the dual set-up would allow at least limited indirect or two-zone grilling. They definitely had the Q in their sights when they came up with this. Pricing is a good deal.

Some may feel that this is superfluous, but part of having a grill is also how it looks and the overall impression it gives. Say what you want, but this is where Weber continues to shine. This new entry is a bit of an ugly duckling to me. The Q series look way better-especially with a red lid. That’s not a total knock on Nexgrill’s stylists. I have commented previously that, as all-stainless grills go, I think the Nexgrill Evolution is really stunning. Gets terrible reviews for both its grilling and durability, but it does LOOK nice.

https://nexgrill.com/products/evolution-5-burner-gas-grill

Maybe this new grill WORKS and has some durability. I need to see close up before judging.

I am with Bruce, though. Rather buy a used 2200 (I did a month and a half ago and paid less than this costs and got the high end cart, too) and do a restoration (the one I got is fine for now - just a candidate for a redhead conversion eventually).

Still, Weber has a new competitor in this arena. I am sure it will cost them some sales.

It probably will cost them some sales. However, I think Weber has them pretty well bookended with the Q grills and the "Go Anywhere" grill.

Plus, there is one real downfall on this new entry to the "portable grill" market and that is the fact that it isn't set up for use with the 1 lb containers which I think is critical if you plan to use the grill as a portable grill. Having to tote around a 20 lb tank negates the portability factor a great deal.

Plus, there is one real downfall on this new entry to the "portable grill" market and that is the fact that it isn't set up for use with the 1 lb containers which I think is critical if you plan to use the grill as a portable grill. Having to tote around a 20 lb tank negates the portability factor a great deal.
Yeah, that seems like a very odd decision on Nexgrill's part. Who wants to drag a 20lb tank to a tailgate (probably one of the biggest markets for portable grill sales)?

Interestingly a number of the reviews specifically mention Weber - either as this grill being cheaper or that they are replacing an old Weber with this one.

The other big missing feature IMO is no fold-out tables. That's a nice Q feature if you ask me.

Didn’t even notice the lack of food-out tables. Yeah, that is a downer. I think they were trying really hard to keep the price down to beat out the Q. Just confirms that Weber does think some things through very well. They have their misses, but the Q series are a home run. I bet I am not the only person who has overlooked them. I am a believer now and feel that for many users a Q 2200 or 3200 is all the grill they will ever need. I think it cooks more forgivingly and cleans up easier. Add the cast aluminum and glass infused plastic construction and you have an almost rust free grill that with some reasonable maintenance will last a very long time.

That 1 year warranty Nexgrill offers tells me they are still the same old Nexgrill we have come to know and make fun of.

I have owned and used Q grills with and without the fold out tables. I find them very desireable. I know some complain they are not real sturdy, but I wouldn't hesitate to put a plate with a couple 1lb ribeyes on one of the tables. I didn't notice the lack of tables on the Nexgrill either. Just the fact that they are an option on Weber grills is nice. If you don't like them, they are easily removed.

Last edited:
Jason, that looks like a good rehab candidate. I am guessing they would jump on a crispy $20 bill. If you are not in the market, you are right to swear off it though.

T

I am not sure, but I think that grill probably started its life as a GAS grill. Looks like what I used to see in neighbors yards back when I was a kid 50 years ago. Love the old style neighborhood- a world completely removed from my Florida life. My wife and I would love to have that house with the turret in the background.

Virtually no hope of restoring and really other than a nut case like me, who would want to?

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't want it - if nothing else it just doesn't have as nice of a look as a Q. I'm going to go the used route for sure if I get a Q.

But yeah, it certainly seems like Nexgrill is closing the gap a bit with that model. The specs specifically call out 304 stainless burners and 7mm grates - it made me think that maybe Nexgrill has been reading this site!

The grates are still cast iron per the Costco site. I guess the question is how is the aftermarket support for this grill because, for the Q, once the grate goes it's easy to find a replacement one for it and you can also get the grate in stainless steel (although a bit pricey but worth it in the long run). I would take a gamble though on this grill because it's from Costco and if anything does go wrong with it then it's backed by Cotstco's return policy.

T

I am not sure, but I think that grill probably started its life as a GAS grill. Looks like what I used to see in neighbors yards back when I was a kid 50 years ago. Love the old style neighborhood- a world completely removed from my Florida life. My wife and I would love to have that house with the turret in the background.

Virtually no hope of restoring and really other than a nut case like me, who would want to?

Jon, I just loved how it was planted in the ground. I cannot imagine that being the way it was designed. Anyway, if you like houses like that one, you would love some of the older homes in the old small towns around me. Tons of those kinds of houses. Certainly a roofers nightmare, but cool never the less.

Jon, I just loved how it was planted in the ground. I cannot imagine that being the way it was designed. Anyway, if you like houses like that one, you would love some of the older homes in the old small towns around me. Tons of those kinds of houses. Certainly a roofers nightmare, but cool never the less.

Actually, I think post-mounted gas grills were fairly common in the 60s at least where natural gas was available. My friend’s parents had one. I wonder what brand that one actually is.

After our less than ideal experience living in Asheville, NC for seven years, I am personally pretty much reconciled with being a Floridian. However, my wife loves cold and doesn’t really like Florida, so an eventual relocation to a small northern town in an old house something like that might be our last adventure. As long as it has a barn or very big garage where I can do grill restoration all year round and some room for a garden and grills to actually use, I would be fine with it:eek:.

Last edited:
The grates are still cast iron per the Costco site. I guess the question is how is the aftermarket support for this grill because, for the Q, once the grate goes it's easy to find a replacement one for it and you can also get the grate in stainless steel (although a bit pricey but worth it in the long run). I would take a gamble though on this grill because it's from Costco and if anything does go wrong with it then it's backed by Cotstco's return policy.

I guess this person didn’t like theirs that well. On OfferUp asking $85 even though only “a few months old.”

https://offerup.co/mqhrnkH3lV

Back