I will just leave this here

Actually, I think post-mounted gas grills were fairly common in the 60s at least where natural gas was available. My friend’s parents had one. I wonder what brand that one actually is.

Although after our less than ideal experience living in Asheville NC for seven years, I am personally pretty much reconciled with being a Floridian. However, my wife loves cold and doesn’t really like Florida, so an eventual relocation to a small northern town in an old house something like that might be our last adventure. As long as it has a barn or very big garage where I can do grill restoration all year round and some room for a garden and grills to actually use, I would be fine with it:eek:.

I have seen several post mounted grills. I grew up with one on our deck. But planted into the ground with no base???? I can see "maybe" if it was stainless steel or aluminum, but still, it would have to be buried into a cement block or very deep to keep it from leaning or rusting out after a few years.

Someone needs to call and send some guys with a straight jacket out that guys house. "offset smoker" on a Q300??? I think the guy done smoked more than meat.

Yah, those swing tables are about a 50% chance of still being there on those old 1000's.

But the performer is a coal burner, correct??? I guess that was my question.

Yep, it's basically a Master Touch kettle with a table attached. That one included a gas assist (for lighting the coals).

I'm on the lookout now for one myself. I'd like to try some smoking with a kettle and don't have one. Seems like having the table space might be nice.

Back