I will just leave this here

Yah. They recert them but with an internal code that is not recognized by a filling station.

The filling station I usually go to doesn’t seem to pay much attention. I have brought many empty Blue Rhinos there and they never say anything.

Well, during the time my family lived in Asheville, NC I got to see the other extreme. I brought a propane tank to be filled to this place. The guy there was a crusty old North Carolinian. I kid you not. He took my tank, and with a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth proceeded to refill it:eek:! I backed off in almost complete shock. I think he decided I was some kind of "city slicker." It was funny but very scary.

Well, during the time my family lived in Asheville, NC I got to see the other extreme. I brought a propane tank to be filled to this place. The guy there was a crusty old North Carolinian. I kid you not. He took my tank, and with a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth proceeded to refill it:eek:! I backed off in almost complete shock. I think he decided I was some kind of "city slicker." It was funny but very scary.

I spent the first part of my career in healthcare working in and then managing a Burn Center. That really makes me cringe. We saw plenty of very serious burns from scenarios similar to that.

I think a "burn" is the least of your worries when someone is smoking a cigarette around a 5000 gallon propane tank.

I think a "burn" is the least of your worries when someone is smoking a cigarette around a 5000 gallon propane tank.

Yeah we never treated anyone where the "big" filling tank exploded. Had that happened anyone close would have never made it to the hospital. But we treated a number of people doing stupid things with LP grills and heaters. We also treated a number of people that had accidental skin exposure (no combustion) to propane that caused a severe frostbite type injury.

Hey guys, I scored a 13.5 lb packer brisket for $27.00 today at walmart. I couldn't pass up $2.00/lb Brisket.

693sLnq.jpg

That’s a score! I would make a Texas style sliced brisket from the flat and Kansas City style burnt ends out of the point. I will be waiting for my invite:eek:!

A hunka hunka boinin meat :D Funny I just did a corned brisket flat in my pressure cooker last night. (not because St Pats day) I have just been jonesing for a beautiful corned beef sandwich on rye with warm corned beef fatty and juicy dripping all over and nice yellow mustard. So I picked up a 3.5 lb flat, put that bad boy in the Fagor 6qt with the trivet and a mix of 1/2 chicken stock and beer. Cooked it an hour and did a pressure release. Sliced that bad boy really thin and piled on rye with mustard......................YUM

I might pass on that thing even if it was a Weber. Sounds like it has some bad blood surrounding it and I would not want to get in the middle of it.

Nah, Jon, I am sure no one thinks of you as an evil land lord. But they probably call you "the Grill Guy".

Jason: I might make an exception on that one. Double fold downs, blue lid, silver B, looks in good shape, free tank. Even if I thought I couldn't spare the room, I would look at my collection of rehab candidates and consider that maybe one or two would be better as a parts grill.

I would offer $25 and see what he says. Nothing lost if he rejects the offer. But that grill is worth $50 if you are in the market. Some would pay $50 for the lid alone.

Back