I will just leave this here

Jason: I might make an exception on that one. Double fold downs, blue lid, silver B, looks in good shape, free tank. Even if I thought I couldn't spare the room, I would look at my collection of rehab candidates and consider that maybe one or two would be better as a parts grill.

I would offer $25 and see what he says. Nothing lost if he rejects the offer. But that grill is worth $50 if you are in the market. Some would pay $50 for the lid alone.

I wouldn't let that one get past you, even if you have to pay the full amount for all the reasons Bruce lists. It is NOT a run of the mill version.

Yah, but if he is one the wagon, something many of us know about, it is maybe prudent to hold true. But, yah, as far as flipping grills goes, that one is easily worth $50. I would probably resell that one at a bit higher price than I usually sell a Silver B for.

But, let's not try to coax Jason off the wagon. We all know how hard it is to stay on the wagon. :eek:

Yah, but if he is one the wagon, something many of us know about, it is maybe prudent to hold true. But, yah, as far as flipping grills goes, that one is easily worth $50. I would probably resell that one at a bit higher price than I usually sell a Silver B for.

But, let's not try to coax Jason off the wagon. We all know how hard it is to stay on the wagon. :eek:

It got sold. Apparently, according to the seller, there was quite a bit of interest in it.

And then there is the wagon.

I fell off of the wagon. I'll have to get back on before things get really out of hand.

You did great, and I believe the seller. Now if you start going for late model rusted Spirit grills or a monstrous third generation Summit, we will put you in for rehab;)!

Jason, that is way off the wagon. I think the Silver B blue hood is a much better flip grill, but that looks like a great candidate as well.

I'm sharing this one for anyone else around here, my area.

That was my original intent on the blue head but you Jon and Larry made me rethink it. You know, ya,all twisted my arm :). I'm glad you guys did. It looks to be in good shape inside also. The thing is though, I already knew that I like the blue lids, and I have to talk myself out of keeping it.

There is a grill for ever purpose, so there is every reason why you need at least three or four - and in different colors. Maybe different color hoods for some grills so you can switch with the season. And a portable gas AND charcoal grill, as well. They come in different colors, too, so...

:eek:

Yah, I know the deal. Just this last week I have seen a few grills with flip potential hit CL and FB. They were the first in months. The season is getting started and I need to get a grill or two done and gone quick so I have room to grab some of the great deals that should be popping up over the next month or two with people getting new grills and needing the old tired Weber gone to make room.

Yah, I know the deal. Just this last week I have seen a few grills with flip potential hit CL and FB. They were the first in months. The season is getting started and I need to get a grill or two done and gone quick so I have room to grab some of the great deals that should be popping up over the next month or two with people getting new grills and needing the old tired Weber gone to make room.

I have a feeling now that the weather is getting nice you will be right about people buying new grill's and dumping the *clunkers*. That's gonna make it hard to not bring home another stray. And make it hard to sell things for a while. I still see some of the new in box Weber's people got on clearance showing up. My guess is that around Memorial day will be a good time to start posting rehab's. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Yes it certainly is Ollie. Not sure what I would do with it though. All I need to do is buy new grate(s) for the one I got from you and it's golden. I am seriously considering the cast stainless grates they offer on Amazon. Expensive but stainless and perhaps much longer lasting

Larry, It looks like another aftermarket outfit entered the market for SS Q3xx grates. They are $30 cheaper than the Stanbroil ones and seem to be the same dimensions to include thickness.
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07GJ51VHJ/tvwb-20
That listing is also showing an additional 5% discount right now.
The 4mm thickness is the one thing I would question. Is that thick enough to prevent bending/warping? IF so, I would expect them to last a great deal longer than the CI grates. When you look a Q grill, the grates are the weakest part by far. Even the burners will greatly outlast the CI grates.

H
Larry, It looks like another aftermarket outfit entered the market for SS Q3xx grates. They are $30 cheaper than the Stanbroil ones and seem to be the same dimensions to include thickness.
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07GJ51VHJ/tvwb-20
That listing is also showing an additional 5% discount right now.
The 4mm thickness is the one thing I would question. Is that thick enough to prevent bending/warping? IF so, I would expect them to last a great deal longer than the CI grates. When you look a Q grill, the grates are the weakest part by far. Even the burners will greatly outlast the CI grates.

I don’t know. My first reaction is kind of negative. Almost like a stainless steel griddle, and I would question the strength, too. Without seeing and trying, though, that may not be fair. I am prejudiced being a pushover for cast iron. I tend to feel in spite of durability issues the cast iron is an important part of what makes Qs such nice grills.

There is a black Q for sale in my neighborhood. Not sure what model it is since I am not that familiar with the Q series. Price at $50 seems to be fair:
https://offerup.co/B3qo7N2w8U
Plus there is a WSM for $50.
https://offerup.co/eBiRTNex8U

Stefan, that looks to be a Q1200. That would be a great deal if you are in the market for one. I have been thinking of grabbing a WSM and give it a rehab. I passed on one for $25 last summer and regret that now. They are all well over $100 since I saw that one and have been paying attention.

- - - Updated - - -

H

I don’t know. My first reaction is kind of negative. Almost like a stainless steel griddle, and I would question the strength, too. Without seeing and trying, though, that may not be fair. I am prejudiced being a pushover for cast iron. I tend to feel in spite of durability issues the cast iron is an important part of what makes Qs such nice grills.

Larry needs to buy one and give us a review on it. ;)

Back