I will just leave this here

If you decide you want to get it you should have no trouble getting it home in your SUV. Just take the lid off. No need to take it apart.

Probably more of a hassle and no cost savings really. You could do it, but likely won't save anything and will spend more time.

The link isnt working for me. But if you have a brand new spirit three burner for $100, I would think it would be hard not get your money back plus some on a flip. I would think you could at least get $200 for it unless your area is flooded with those clearance grills.

That thing looks pretty dirty for an Unused grill. Maybe just for long time storage though. The proof would be the grates and inside the cook box.

Question for the community: Have you ever been purusing the CL and FB adds and had a very strong desire to contact a weber grill seller and tell him all the mistakes he made in his listing or to challenge a claim he is making???

Prices are dropping and dropping in my area. How low will they go? Right now I am not even sure I can sell my last Silver C with a profit with offers like this.
https://offerup.co/PRDuSvbfZU

Right now everything that is hitting the market is priced quite high...but even little of that. I think up here, a lot more will start popping in a few weeks and the prices will be "just get rid of it" type prices instead of trying to recoup what they have in it.

Question for the community: Have you ever been purusing the CL and FB adds and had a very strong desire to contact a weber grill seller and tell him all the mistakes he made in his listing or to challenge a claim he is making???

I only did once on CL, this guy had a gen 1000 for sale and he spelled Weber with two Bs. It had been on for about a month and it looked like a nice grill for a good price. So I thought I would help him out contacted him and told he should take the extra b out and he would get a better response to his ad.
The guy emails me back and told he didn't any help from me and I should mind my own business. So I emailed him back and told him sorry I didn't know you couldn't read look at name on the front of the grill hood dip s***
So now I go with buyer beware,

I have seen a lot of ads recently from various stores/outlets in my area for 2019 models at 40% to almost 50% off MSRP. All brand new grills.
Genesis II E-435 for around $870
Genesis II E-410 for around $500
Genesis II S-335 for around $670
Spirit II E-310 for around $300

OfferUp is just getting flooded with these ads.

Stefan,
Texas must be the place. I have actually noticed that moreand more sellers are asking really high prices for things like old 300 series E-W Genesis grills and even Silvers. Never seen any deals on new Genesis II grills. An E-335 for $870????? Wow, not that I could afford it but I think that is still a great deal.

Well, I guess I have egg on my face.

Come to find out, the problem appears to be with the O-ring nestled inside the old tank - which, itself, is out of date (circa 2001?). Fortunately, I just recently purchased a new tank from Tractor Supply, and the QCC1 connector on the Weber fits snugly with zero leaks on the new tank according to my nose, and some soapy water solution.

I like the old tank. It has zero rust on it, but is it worth replacing the valve, or is it possible to replace the O-ring itself?

Took the tank to a local gas distributor, but the O-ring could not be replaced by itself. To replace the valve, and recertify the tank, would have cost about $50.

I chose to swap for a Blue Rhino tank. ($18) No leaks to speak of yet. :)

Yah, recertifying tanks is a pain at the refill centers, but you will generally save 25% or more on a fill over an exchange. The good thing about exchange sites is that they will take almost any tank on exchange. I turned in a could last summer (Walmart) with quick connect fittings on them and they didn't bat an eye.

Yah, I trade my old tanks at Walmart and I pick out the newest one there. Then when it's time I bring it to Tractor Supply and have it filled, much cheaper.

I have never gotten a tank back that was still certified. But the Wal-Mart employer usually grabs the tank for me.

Is it possible to get an out-of-date tank? Are propane companies like Blue Rhino required to mark their tanks after it's recertified? Looks like my tank has new stamp markings on it, but I could not decipher them.

Blue Rhino also supports Operation BBQ Relief according to the label on the tank. Good for them.

Back