I will just leave this here

Larry, if you look really close, I do believe it has caster wheels. So, that is why I call it is a Genesis 1000 vs the genesis 1. The wide wood slats lead me to believe it is a earlier one though. My 93 had narrow slats, so I am guessing this one is earlier than that.
Here is a close up of the legs on the left side.

vGquPt6.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad they don't show the inside of the Genesis. It would be worth $30 if the inside of the cabinet was in good shape. But, it is already gone.

Larry, if you look really close, I do believe it has caster wheels. So, that is why I call it is a Genesis 1000 vs the genesis 1. The wide wood slats lead me to believe it is a earlier one though. My 93 had narrow slats, so I am guessing this one is earlier than that.
Here is a close up of the legs on the left side.

vGquPt6.jpg

I am convinced this is just a 1000 that someone put wide slat trays on at some point in the past. It has the modern fuel gauge, modern wheels and gray knobs - plus casters. None of those are consistent with this being a very early (mid-80s) Genesis 1 which as far as I can see is the only version that had the older style wheels, gauge and black knobs - and no casters.

So I have been on an ordering binge getting ready for my Gold B rehab, and I saw FIX.com for the first time in the sticky, see a great price on a few things, so I order some stuff. And when the FedEx tracking sheet shows up in my inbox I click on it and origin is - - MIDVALE, UT. So I have a light bulb go off and I checked the map and sure enough, Midvale is "also" the location of ereplacementparts.com's big warehouse. So in the last few months, I have ordered from FIX, who sometimes (always?) ships from ereplacementparts, who on several occasions re-orders my parts direct from Weber. No wonder these parts guys want to charge $5.99 for a bolt.

So I have a light bulb go off and I checked the map and sure enough, Midvale is "also" the location of ereplacementparts.com's big warehouse. So in the last few months, I have ordered from FIX, who sometimes (always?) ships from ereplacementparts, who on several occasions re-orders my parts direct from Weber. No wonder these parts guys want to charge $5.99 for a bolt.

LOL! I thought this was common knowlodge here, or I would have mentioned it a long time ago.
You don't necessarily want to buy from them, but their website has pretty good schematics,
and is a very reliable source for parts numbers. Much easier to find things there, than thru Weber.

They're too tall

Larry, you are such a word miser! “Say it plainly” should be your signe!

Could you get enough clearance by putting on bigger wheels and raising the overall height? I have two spare 20’s so I’m not too interested in this modification but, something to file away.

ROTFLMAO, I hate typing :D Anyway sure you could put on larger wheels but you'd have to do something on the other side as well. I think the 30lb tank is about 7" taller maybe more.

I scored a 30 pounder last summer and never considered even trying to get it on my grill. I knew it was too tall. I never considered raising my grill though....but I don't think I would go that route either. I have about 8 - 20 lb tanks laying around.

Yeah you can put a "lift kit" in it so your grill can look like those goofy 4WD trucks and jeeps all lifted and jacked LOL. About as dumb as it gets too (on the trucks) but actually for some of us taller people (over 6') having the grill up higher would be kinda welcome

There must have been one of those Weber Clearance sales in my area recently. I am seeing "Brand new in box" adds on CL and FB marketplace now.

I was at wally world this morning and noticed an endcap filled with clearance grilling parts and accessories. THere was no WEBER stuff, but off brand chinesium stuff. There was nothing there that really interested me, but there were some things that might appeal to others if other walmarts are doing the same thing.

They had cedar and cherry grilling planks if you are into that. They had a couple propane hose/regulators for $7 each which is a great price. They also had several different grill covers as well.

I just thought I would let others know if they were needing or wanting any of this stuff. You should be able to zoom in and see the sale prices.

Q6MTYvL.jpg

One of my neighbors just walked over and said he has some kind of Weber that he wants to get rid of. Turns out that it's a little Spirit. The previous people left it at the house. I don't think it has been used more than twice. The ignitor button is broke but that's no big deal. However, one of the cabinet doors locked like it was hit with a sledgehammer and the door is tweaked so bad that it wount stay on. Also a large dent in the metal flashing on the front under the hood. I tried to talk him into registering it with Weber and having a new ignitor button sent out but he just wants to get rid of it. So I told him to get the rotisserie for it and explained how the E W burners were perfect for that, and it still didn't persuade him So I'm wondering what I could get for a almost new Spirit with a damaged door and dented flashing if I were to take it.

It might be hard to get a lot with that kind of damage even if it is all superficial. Probably would be pretty costly to replace those damaged parts as well unless you can find a donor grill. I would at least take it for parts. It certainly isn't a candidate for the landfill.

I'm still working on him. Showed him pictures of turkey on a the rotisserie. Gave him a TVWBB card and told him to check out the place.

He recently bought the char griller hybrid grill and really likes it. I get that. I've had two of them and they do work good. Unfortunately I've had two of them because they just didn't last.

If he is really set on getting rid of the spirit I will find it a good home.

Back