I will just leave this here

Ed, those are absolutely gorgeous. How do you think one will hold up to the heat?
They are not for outdoors! I'm going to use them for home decor...my idea is to hang them in a column using brass chain. The handles for the two serving trays that came with my G4 are turning out especially nice, I think...I'm using spar varnish on those, with the idea that if the finish fails before I do, I'll just carve up a couple more.

They are not for outdoors! I'm going to use them for home decor...my idea is to hang them in a column using brass chain. The handles for the two serving trays that came with my G4 are turning out especially nice, I think...I'm using spar varnish on those, with the idea that if the finish fails before I do, I'll just carve up a couple more.
They could be if you came up with a backing/ mounting plate for them. I would buy one! Just saying think about it😀

Firewood from the serving tray handles. What is it they say about practice making perfect? Especially considering that it takes 2.5 - 3 hours to carve just one, because it is a two-sided job and I don't know what I am doing.

Attachments

• 20210809_191227.jpg
    20210809_191227.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 15
Firewood from the serving tray handles. What is it they say about practice making perfect? Especially considering that it takes 2.5 - 3 hours to carve just one, because it is a two-sided job and I don't know what I am doing.
Ed, I'm not patient enough, or skilled enough for wood working. I enjoy seeing the results of those that are.

Back