I will just leave this here

Who cares if parts aren't available. Just imagine this guy smiling back at you every day on the deck. Not cheap, but I cannot get enough of this line. Also, in a neighborhood in NJ where all homes are in the 2-3 mil range and annual property taxes are more than many salaries. Probably spent winters in a heated garage.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2629610877331890/

View attachment 25272
Your not kidding. I have a college friend who lives in Short Hills. BIG $$$$$. I am surprised they still have this. These guys could just buy new ones when they get dirty.

Which prevents a buyer (certainly not me!) from buying it just for the blue lid.

Just for a fun fact, a home in Berkeley, CA, just sold for $1,000,000.00 ($1 Million) over asking price. Lots of money in this state...how come I don't have any?

The realtor intentionally listed the house way below market value to generate a lot of interest to create a bidding war. It sold above asking, but I wouldn't say it sold for a million more than assessed value. Also not mentioned in the article is that the house sits on a large 11650sqft lot.

What's sad is that real estate where I am is even pricier than that Berkeley house. The price of land here, with no view, and in a sketchy neighborhood, is more expensive per sqft than that Berkeley one.

Everything is relative. While my house isn't worth anywhere near even a million.(not close) I have a big lot for our neighborhood. Our lot is 6500 sqft. The normal lot here is 4500 sqft. My last lot was 11,000ish sqft. That was small for that neighborhood.

Who cares if parts aren't available. Just imagine this guy smiling back at you every day on the deck. Not cheap, but I cannot get enough of this line. Also, in a neighborhood in NJ where all homes are in the 2-3 mil range and annual property taxes are more than many salaries. Probably spent winters in a heated garage.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2629610877331890/

View attachment 25272
If you have natural gas and are up for doing what might be necessary to reinforce the porcelain steel front of the firebox (and maybe back if needed) you would have one awesome grill. I would rather have a porcelain hood, but still these are SO COOL! Some detailing could make it look a lot nicer. I think these have a classic look that the new Summits can't even touch.

Did you notice the "trap door" in the grates so you can open them up to add chips to the smoker box? Those are really nice stainless grates back from when Weber did things right, as is this entire grill. The only real Achilles heal is that stupid firebox.

Last edited:
Viking stainless steel grill $800 in NC - Looks pretty nice.
While that is a lot of money for a used grill, compared to buying something new for that money you are getting so much more. That one appears to have lived a nice, charmed life. A lot of the expensive grills you see being disposed of later as older grills look like they have been totally neglected. Most rich people who buy them don't bother to clean them much. That one looks like it might be an entry point to owning a top drawer grill without having to clean everything and buy a ton of overpriced parts.

Without having seen a Viking in the wild, I have to agree with you Jon. I am pretty sure that if I had $800 to spend on a grill, I would buy that before I would buy a new Genesis II for nearly the same money.

$100 for this Q200.....hahaha
If you notice the map location on the add, it has it smack dab in the middle of a lake. My guess it has been there for the last couple years.

While that is a lot of money for a used grill, compared to buying something new for that money you are getting so much more. That one appears to have lived a nice, charmed life. A lot of the expensive grills you see being disposed of later as older grills look like they have been totally neglected. Most rich people who buy them don't bother to clean them much. That one looks like it might be an entry point to owning a top drawer grill without having to clean everything and buy a ton of overpriced parts.
Good to know. If I lived closer I would probably go check it out...but probably not buy it....Maybe?

It's free but it is not possible to make much if anything on this grill. It may even be a money looser. The only good part is the lid I think. I am debating if I want to get it or not if he gets back to me.
1617457818340.png
1617457933060.png

That's pretty rough, but free is free. It is an oldie Genesis 2, judging by the early style wheels (too bad they are shot). Looks like maybe someone tried to make custom replacement very wide wood slats for the top tables and replaced the knobs at some point.

Yah, that looks to be pretty much a lost cause for rehabbing. But as Jon says, free is free. There are clearly some good salvageable parts. If you plant to do another old style Genesis, some of those parts might come in really handy.

Back