I will just leave this here

Another Rabbit Trail...

Here's a wolf in sheep's clothing. A DCS grill with THICK stainless rod grates tightly spaced enough even for Larry. He has been pawning this off for some time with a poorly crafted ad and no cleanup. Probably could be had for a song. NOT FOR ME! I bet it cooks really well, though.

Larry,
Any thoughts on this one?

OK so a couple of things. That DCS. I ran into one of those only once in my life like that one. If I am correct that one is a REALLY strange bird. It has 2 burners going across like an old style Genesis. I know "but the controls are in the front". Yes they are but they feed into 2 long pipes under the grill and turn to feed two sidewinder burners. If you look carefully under the control panel you will see what looks like a lever and you will also see a rotisserie bracket. The burners and ceramic rock grate literally "rotate". So now when you put a rotisserie spit on the grill the burners and rock grates have rotated slightly and act like "emitters" from below and behind the food. Very complicated and uncommon. It goes back to when DCS was a brand from New Zealand. The grates are not stainless BTW, they're porcelain coated cat iron. It's an interesting piece especially if you're into the weird and whacky. I guess at some time they worked well but no one makes any type of parts for it at all
The GE one is also a pretty cool grill and could be a real find. IIRC it was made by a company called Sure Heat for GE. Actually the same as what was also labeled Frigidaire. So you will occasionally see the same grill as that or it's actual name of Sure Heat.

Another Rabbit Trail...

Here's a wolf in sheep's clothing. A DCS grill with THICK stainless rod grates tightly spaced enough even for Larry. He has been pawning this off for some time with a poorly crafted ad and no cleanup. Probably could be had for a song. NOT FOR ME! I bet it cooks really well, though.

Larry,
Any thoughts on this one?

I actually have one of those in my storage, but I do not recall the grates looking like those. I need to take a closer look.

Holy sh*t that grill goes for $3500! Someone close should scoop that up fast!
Hi Joe, if you are considering taking a chance on a high end grill look for cantilevered stainless rod cooking grids. That way you can salvage some nice grids if you can’t restore the grill

you can cut them down to fit a Weber

Attachments

• 9784B360-D873-4C59-8447-F1397AA36381.jpeg
    9784B360-D873-4C59-8447-F1397AA36381.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 4E4EA864-2613-4265-80AC-598E1A66B8DA.jpeg
    4E4EA864-2613-4265-80AC-598E1A66B8DA.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 12
Will this cart fit the Q1000?...

00r0r_eF1DLEMDYKsz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Geee, I wonder what the inside of the cabinet looks like...What about the cook box panels?

But, oh so tempting.

That looks like it could be a winner. I sold one of those last year for about $800 I think. I would go for it as still under warranty.

Still under warranty for the original owner. I know you can fudge that a lot of times, but it is intended to be only for the original owner.

Still under warranty for the original owner. I know you can fudge that a lot of times, but it is intended to be only for the original owner.
Yes - But most owners never register their grills and someone should use the warranty if needed.

Back