I will just leave this here

That's pretty rough, but free is free. It is an oldie Genesis 2, judging by the early style wheels (too bad they are shot). Looks like maybe someone tried to make custom replacement very wide wood slats for the top tables and replaced the knobs at some point.
As Jon said “free is free”. As bad as it looks, there could be some salvageable parts.

While that is a lot of money for a used grill, compared to buying something new for that money you are getting so much more. That one appears to have lived a nice, charmed life. A lot of the expensive grills you see being disposed of later as older grills look like they have been totally neglected. Most rich people who buy them don't bother to clean them much. That one looks like it might be an entry point to owning a top drawer grill without having to clean everything and buy a ton of overpriced parts.
They obviously babied it. It even has its own bedroom. Wouldn't that make your house a bit smokey??

Sorry all those Summit units have the same fatal flaw. The front of the firebox. It rusts out and creates an unsafe situation with flames propagating under the control panel. At one point the one I had got so bad it melted the rubber washers on the control valve stalks. Wonderful grills to cook on (though useless for rotisserie cooking) but wonderful for everything else. Just so sad they have that flaw. Sadly unless you know a metalworker no repair exists for it

Sorry all those Summit units have the same fatal flaw. The front of the firebox. It rusts out and creates an unsafe situation with flames propagating under the control panel. At one point the one I had got so bad it melted the rubber washers on the control valve stalks. Wonderful grills to cook on (though useless for rotisserie cooking) but wonderful for everything else. Just so sad they have that flaw. Sadly unless you know a metalworker no repair exists for it
I promise Larry that when I get out of tax season prison that I am going to doggedly seek out a way to deal with this issue. Because otherwise, as you note, these are wonderful grilling machines, no rotisserie capability not withstanding. Plus, they have a unique classic look to them that makes them look so, well, Weber!

Does anyone see anything strange about this grill in the photos.

If you didn't see it, go back and check the LP hose on the main picture. Does it look like someone hooked it into their NG line?

Does anyone see anything strange about this grill in the photos.

If you didn't see it, go back and check the LP hose on the main picture. Does it look like someone hooked it into their NG line?
LP hose or whatever, I would have loved to grab that one. My favorite of the later classic Genesis grills.

Here is a classic. Glad it is not near me.

That would be a challenging but fun one to bring back. I like those, but they are SO wide and really don't offer a lot of shelf space for their size. And that size gets you no additional grill cooking space. I do think they have a kind of "macho" look that would attract some buyers, though.

Yah, I will have to check out that connection. I picked the grill up. Lady said it didn't have any rust in the cabinet. I guess she doesn't know what rust is. Anyway, black knobs and end handles. It will probably be another one of those Silver B's that I have to rip out the cabinet and weld in cross members. If I have a wire rack, I can drop that in or else I will have to go with some wood or trex type slats.

Come to think of it Larry, you are probably right that it was a bulk LP connection since they lived out in the stix.

Yah, it was badly neglected and one of those grills that no matter what you touch, you get gooey, greasy black crap all over your hands. I had to shovel the dang grease pan out before I could even remove it it was full to within a couple inches of the burners. But, generally, the grill is good. Of course the black lid has bad case of the Weber fade. I seriously have not picked up a black lid in the last two years that didn't have the fade. I don't remember it being so bad a couple years back. It's OK, I have plenty of spares. And yes, it does look like it was on a bulk LP line.

Another Rabbit Trail...

Here's a wolf in sheep's clothing. A DCS grill with THICK stainless rod grates tightly spaced enough even for Larry. He has been pawning this off for some time with a poorly crafted ad and no cleanup. Probably could be had for a song. NOT FOR ME! I bet it cooks really well, though.

Larry,
Any thoughts on this one?

Another Rabbit Trail...

Here's a wolf in sheep's clothing. A DCS grill with THICK stainless rod grates tightly spaced enough even for Larry. He has been pawning this off for some time with a poorly crafted ad and no cleanup. Probably could be had for a song. NOT FOR ME! I bet it cooks really well, though.

Larry,
Any thoughts on this one?

Holy sh*t that grill goes for $3500! Someone close should scoop that up fast!

Back