I will just leave this here

I am going to make it my personal "lifetime" grill.

My "lifetime" grill used to get boring and I would start looking for another
after about 5 years. Then 2 years. Then 6 mos. Now I need 3 or 4, plus a
few smokers, and can't forget my "keepers," that never see the outdoors, let alone being
anywhere near some fire. But, then I remind myself, everything has its price....

$500??? They are notorious for rusted fireboxes. If it is not rusted maybe $100 to $200 depending on what else needs to be fixed.

Worth it?
Some of those have a stainless steel insert in the area that used to rust out. (front of the fire box where burners poke through to the control panel). If it has that and the rest of the fire box is clean, if it has the rear rotisserie burner, you're comfortable with flavorizer bars costing about $250, and ok with MAYBE 5% more grilling space than a Genesis it's maybe a $150 grill. Nothing more

Some of those have a stainless steel insert in the area that used to rust out. (front of the fire box where burners poke through to the control panel). If it has that and the rest of the fire box is clean, if it has the rear rotisserie burner, you're comfortable with flavorizer bars costing about $250, and ok with MAYBE 5% more grilling space than a Genesis it's maybe a $150 grill. Nothing more
I’ll pass lol

My "lifetime" grill used to get boring and I would start looking for another
after about 5 years. Then 2 years. Then 6 mos. Now I need 3 or 4, plus a
few smokers, and can't forget my "keepers," that never see the outdoors, let alone being
anywhere near some fire. But, then I remind myself, everything has its price....

I've started to realize this as well. What I once considered my "keepers" just a few months ago have been cleaned up and sold whenever a better option comes across one of the marketplaces.

For my needs and wants, I don't know of another Weber that I would rather have than a SS Platinum. However, I am very much motivated to figure out a way to plum a 13 flavorizer deep cook box into the frame instead of the 5 bar box.

Kyle im with you on that. This may be sacrilege on this forum but my Silver B Redhead i said will keep forever has been replaced by the Q3200. I dont miss the Redhead. I always wanted all aluminum top and bottom grill.

To be honest, I have more grills (and coolers) than I can possibly ever “wear out”! To that end, “lookin’ ain’t buyin’” so, for the most part, I look for things to fill specific needs. More often than not it’s become what do I “share” to make some room for this next project?
Now, my wife is talking about a shed....
The mind boggles!
The world is upside down,

Ahh, yes an elusive “Char que” would be a cool find or a few other “Obscure” items might be fun. They are not “necessary” but, for collectors...
The quest never ends!
To I “need” any more stuff? No but, a complete “collection” is a cool thing!
Or, whatever is your particular “collectible” Jones is. I have a bit of a Coleman lantern thing too, far less serious but, have shed several pieces of those to folks who seem to have many more power outages than I!

I think I need to make a road trip to Plano, TX!!!

Broilmasters are EXCELLENT grills but kind of the plain and dowdy girl at the school dance. Underneath that ho-hum look is an all cast aluminum firebox and hood, superior grilling power with alternative ability to do indirect low and slow very well. The newer ones have very high grade, thick stainless "waterfall" reversible grates that did extremely well in my comparison test from last year. These grills are among the very last still to be truly MADE IN USA!!

For free, you might want to take a try:unsure:! I actually refurbished three and found happy buyers for all of them. I sold one for $450:

Broilmaster with wire brushed hood.jpg

"Bowtie" burner may seem lower grade compared to a Weber with three separate burners, but trust me it is NOT! Excellent coverage and with one side off, indirect BBQ is very possible.
IMG_5492.JPEG

This Broilmaster I restored had cast iron grates. Check out that grate level temp!!!
IMG_5579.JPEG

My artist friend HAND PAINTED the logo on this custom made wood handle I made to try and make this Broilmaster look a little less boring. The standard handle in recent years is a stainless steel tube with a rubberized cover in the middle for some heat protection.
IMG_5614.JPEG

They seem to be having trouble selling this grill after a "small" grease fire that was put out with a fire extinguisher. hahahaha

Doubt you could get $25 worth of parts out of that thing. These probably aren't totally as bad as we here tend to rate them, but they are definitely the kind of Weber that has tarnished the reputation of the Weber name. Of course, even a quality classic Genesis wouldn't have fared too well in that owner-induced calamity!

I think I need to make a road trip to Plano, TX!!!

Broilmasters are EXCELLENT grills but kind of the plain and dowdy girl at the school dance. Underneath that ho-hum look is an all cast aluminum firebox and hood, superior grilling power with alternative ability to do indirect low and slow very well. The newer ones have very high grade, thick stainless "waterfall" reversible grates that did extremely well in my comparison test from last year. These grills are among the very last still to be truly MADE IN USA!!

For free, you might want to take a try:unsure:! I actually refurbished three and found happy buyers for all of them. I sold one for $450:

View attachment 4457

"Bowtie" burner may seem lower grade compared to a Weber with three separate burners, but trust me it is NOT! Excellent coverage and with one side off, indirect BBQ is very possible.

This Broilmaster I restored had cast iron grates. Check out that grate level temp!!!

My artist friend HAND PAINTED the logo on this custom made wood handle I made to try and make this Broilmaster look a little less boring. The standard handle in recent years is a stainless steel tube with a rubberized cover in the middle for some heat protection.
Jon, now you got me really anxious to get to work on my Broilmaster.

Bruce you NEED a Broilmaster. When i was looking for them they do come up pretty often. They are great grills. They cook excellent. I think you will like them.
One thing Weber should have done is have the lid on the Silver B and C in aluminum. But then again if they did we would have not had all the pretty colors lids of the Silver B and C.
Which brings me to another point.
Is there a way to porcelain enamel a piece of metal like Weber does it ?
Is it economically feasible ? does anyone offers such a service ?

Chris, I have a BM. It is one of the first generation from the early 70's. I just need to take the time out of my rehabbing to do it. It is going to look good, but it will be a flip grill in the end. I will price it on the high end and wait for the right buyer.
I already have all the replacement internal parts it needs, it is just a matter of manual labor at this point.

Back