I will just leave this here

FYI, I just sold a SS S-310 sidewinder for $350. It was in really good condition. I cleaned it up very well. Cleaned the OEM SS flavor bars and grates with angle grinder / cup brush. Didn't repaint anything. Cabinet area was rust free. I sold it with a rotisserie attachment and half-full tank and a really old worn out cover.
Just letting you guys know for a gauge for potential flip prices. I had quite a bit of interest.

Out of curiosity: how often do you see workable Webers (any fuel type, in non-scrap condition) pop up in the used market where you live?

In my neck of the woods, I'm lucky if I see maybe two grills a week, and then it's usually either a completely trashed model (something that would cost more to fix than to just replace), or someone who's asking way too much for a used model. A couple times a month you'll see a kettle pop up, typically in so-so condition. But in general, there just really aren't many listings in the first place, and those that do pop up are never the "wow, what a deal" things that I see people linking here from time to time.

Out of curiosity: how often do you see workable Webers (any fuel type, in non-scrap condition) pop up in the used market where you live?

In my neck of the woods, I'm lucky if I see maybe two grills a week, and then it's usually either a completely trashed model (something that would cost more to fix than to just replace), or someone who's asking way too much for a used model. A couple times a month you'll see a kettle pop up, typically in so-so condition. But in general, there just really aren't many listings in the first place, and those that do pop up are never the "wow, what a deal" things that I see people linking here from time to time.
There are 15+ Weber's listed just on Facebook. There are usually another 10 or so on each of LetGo and OfferUp. Atlanta, GA area.

Hi Dave, in New England there are probably 50 listed at at any given time. The reasonably priced for the model ones move. The wrecks and high priced ones spend a full year listed before they move in some cases.
It's an odd year. No yard sales, moving sales and no parties to plan for in the near future.

In my immediate area there are only occasional interesting items. A lot of overpriced Spirits and $350 to $400 Genesis 300 series grills. If I am willing to go over to the west coast of Florida (a long trip) or sometimes north of me, though, there are often some much more promising things to buy. FB Marketplace is the best source now, followed by OfferUp. Craigslist is falling out of style in my location. Once in a while I find something uniquely on Letgo, but usually that is just a second or third cross-listing.

Yah, the curb alert sub $50 Silver B's and Genesis 1000 series grills are not as prevalent this year. Lots of them in the $100 - $300 range. But, I have actually passed on several this spring that were good deals as I just don't have the room for any project grills this year until I get some done and moved. While the pricing for used grills seems to make it harder to find grills to flip, it also seems like it is raising the prices of restored grills as well.

I am not sure if this is just painted over rust or if someone slapped a thick coat of Rust Encapsulator over it or what, but I feel sorry if anyone actually buys this grill. It looks like someone spilled some driveway sealer in there.

I am not sure if this is just painted over rust or if someone slapped a thick coat of Rust Encapsulator over it or what, but I feel sorry if anyone actually buys this grill. It looks like someone spilled some driveway sealer in there.

Posting has been deleted. Hope that doesn't mean someone already bought it.

Meanwhile...wonder if this is someone trying to con people out of their grills with a sob story, or if they just don't know where to look, or if there are actually parts that aren't available anywhere. The latter seems pretty unlikely.

Dave, that dude is clearly fishing for rehab grills. He doesn't state what parts he is looking for or even what model of grill he is looking for. Maybe it will work for him but he shouldn't be deceptive about it.

Back